Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what speakers are stock in the rs 6.0? I've searched around the web and can't find anything. Everywhere mentions the upgraded headunit, but no mention of the speakers. I could pull the doors apart, but would rather not go though all of that trouble just to see what's in there.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
In my '09 HTM, the ones in the front were premium Pioneer 6.5's and some 5.25" paper cone things in the rear doors. I replaced the ones in the rear with 6.5's from the front of another xB and hooked up a 300 watt amp. Sounded pretty good.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have all my OEM speakers in a box. If I have time I'll take a picture of them and post it. The Alpines I have in there now are much better in my opinion.

·
Registered
195 Posts
....so do the front 6.5" speakers fit in the rear without any other modifications?

I removed the front stock Pioneers and replaced them with Infinity Kappa components. The stock speakers are just sitting in a box in the house. Can I use those as an "upgrade" to the 5.25" rears?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess where I'm going with the question is based on the idea that each release series is supposed to have a theme. The rs 6.0 is supposed to be electronics with the interior leds and the headunit upgrade. It would make sense to me that Scion upgraded the speakers too. Does anyone know if they did? Or did it come with the same speakers as everyone else?

I'm interested in the answer to SurfMOMster's question too. If I do have the same stock speakers, that might be a cheap upgrade until I can afford a new set. I bet there are lots of extras sitting in boxes in garages and basements.

·
Registered
614 Posts
If our RS6's had an upgraded speaker system, I'm sure it would have been listed in the RS6 Package. I haven't had mine apart yet, but my guess would be that they are stock.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, that's what I assumed, but hoped otherwise.

Helen4Wheels - did you have to modify anything to get the 6.5's in the rear doors?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Those look great! I think I would need full covers though because my kids would end up accidentally poking holes in the cones.

On another note, I probably need to come up with an overall system design that I can gradually work towards. The problem is I don't know enough about what kind of amps, subs, and such are required and how to make sure they play together. No pun intended :p I'm not looking for anything huge. I just like to turn it up sometimes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.