Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying a Release Series 7.0 sitting at my dealers lot, especially since they said they might lower the price on it.

It's all good except the center exhaust. I need to put a hitch on it to put a bike rack on it.

Any suggestions on a replacement and will it fit w/o bumper lip modifications?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
A fairly wide number will fit, as all the non-center-exhaust-specific mountings are the same as a "normal" xB (is there such a thing?).
You will need to call the companies and ask how low it hangs below the stick bumper, and explain what you've got. Folks like Fast Scion, No Limitz and TRD Sparks (Scion-specific folks, who know Scions- rather than general parts warehouses) should be able to help you out.

I may be interested in the "cast-off" exhaust . . .
Depending on the price.

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
I'll trade you my stock on for your center one!

and also if you dont want the kit, I can take that off your hands too...

just trying to help! haha

but TJ is right, most will fit. the kit isnt that much lower than the stock bumper, so even just a stock exhaust should work, or even if you want to get a borla dual or something like that, you should be ok.

if you're really concerned try taking off the rear lip of the kit and see how much distance it adds, I dont think its much though.

·
Registered
476 Posts
If you do decide to remove the origional exhaust for something else, you might want to keep it. It might be a deal breaker for the next buyer if the origional parts aren't on the car. It's the stuff that the RS models have that make it special from the standard xB's of your year!

I don't know if the 2008-2010 year xB's exhaust will fit, but I've seen them for sale on Ebay for $50.00 or less.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a Curtland hitch that lines up perfectly with the 6 threaded holes of the rear undercarriage. But it is very close to or level with the bumper edge. Only the receiver sits below the bumper but its dead center where your exhaust comes out.. My suggestion is check mounting holes first. Then the height of the exhaust. If you are only carraying bikes, never towing you can get a local welder to alter the hitch to go above or below center exhaust and move the receiver off center. Then they can make a adapter that would put your bike rack back to the center and away from the heat of exhaust. Otherwise you go with the mini van /SUV removeable bike racks..
The center exhaust does look cool- Mini Cooper current era and XKE from older sports cars. I wouldn't change it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up not getting the RS 7.0.

I partially felt bad about changing the exhaust, which pretty much makes that Release Series model, though I loved the color. The other part was it was more than I really wanted to spend.

But I have a 2011 on the way, either Army Rock or Blue

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
COOL!
Let us know what you get. Either color should be nice, though I've never seen the Elusive Blue in person (yet).

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
I ended up not getting the RS 7.0.

I partially felt bad about changing the exhaust, which pretty much makes that Release Series model, though I loved the color. The other part was it was more than I really wanted to spend.

But I have a 2011 on the way, either Army Rock or Blue
If I hadnt bought a 2010 xB, I would have gotten a 2011 in Army Rock. The Elusive blue is an awesome color, my buddy has one of those.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.