Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I called scion corp about the price increase on the spoiler and how I was upset that the price increase happened right before I got my RS5 especially since I was already upset about the amount of time it was taking to get mine. They called me back yesterday but I was busy and didn't get to call them back. I called the today and this is what I was told. They price increase is because the original price listed did not take into consideration installation. That the new price was to include installation. I then proceeded to tell the person that I had before going into the dealer to finish paper work on the RS. That I had contacted someone(shancopp) that had theirs installed before the pirce increase and only paid $320 total. I also stated that I had contacted shancopp so that if she had been charged with installation I wouldn't be surprised if I was. And if she hadn't been charged then I would have reason to argue if they charged me. I also told them that it made me feel like crap when I sat there and argued with them over the price only to find I was wrong and they were right. I was told they were going to, for the sake of customer service, refund the difference in what I paid vs the original price of the spoiler listed on the website.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I told my salesman (the day the RS came in and we did all the $$ paperwork) I wanted a spoiler, plus other addons. He told me they were $425 (approx) with installation. I thought that sounded high, but said ok. While waiting for the $$ guy to finish up with another customer, I got on the computer they had out for customers in the Scion area and went to Scion.com and saw right on the main page it said $320 installed. So I told my dealer what I had just seen and he came back into the the office while we were signing everything and told him to take off $105 as the spoiler was only $320 installed per the website.

That's how it went down for us. Glad you got the diff back anyhow.

·
Registered
281 Posts
It's amazing how much difference there is from one dealer to the next, especially with the "Pure Price" mantra they keep chanting. I'd been working with a dealer that was right next to my office..nice guys, I'd decided what all I wanted on my XB, and they kept saying it's exactly the price on the web site. No specials. I was ready to order and decided just to call the other dealer in town and guess what? I saved $750 plus I got another $500 worth of stuff I wouldn't have ordered but was on a stock model already!

Picking up my 08 Super White XB this morning and it feels like Christmas!!!! :)

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I have talked to some people and found that pure pricing is not always what its cracked up to be. The only real guarente is that you won't pay more for something then you see on the website. However I am finding that bigger dealers are actually able to make price cuts on certian items. Thats why you find some dealers with online sites selling same accessories for way cheaper then the listed price. The "extra spoiler" that I have I only paid $275 - $300 with shipping. So you can see the other reason I was pissed. I could have easily installed this myself and been way ahead in the money.

·
Registered
12 Posts
is there difference between rs5 spoiler vs non rs5? i just called my dealership and had asked/order one which will be here this coming tuesday and i was quoted/charge 371.91... thats including tax and installation. am i missing something here and needed to be clarified on which one to get? i did mention that its for rs5 gold rush mica.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No the RS5 spoiler is just the regular spoiler except paint matched. The issues is that they changed the price from $320 installed to $425 installed due to some miscalculation. However plenty of people are able to find it cheaper. I actually have an extra one because my dealer was having trouble ordering mine. I only paid $300 for it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Some people are saying that since the RS5 has a kenstyle kit that the spoiler is a kenstyle one too?? no idea, I have the CF OEM look one. So are they reg spoilers the same as the RS one, other than color of course?

·
Registered
25 Posts
eviljack said:
No the RS5 spoiler is just the regular spoiler except paint matched. The issues is that they changed the price from $320 installed to $425 installed due to some miscalculation. However plenty of people are able to find it cheaper. I actually have an extra one because my dealer was having trouble ordering mine. I only paid $300 for it.
Do you want sell it?
Wat's the deal with the limited #'s of wings? If they are the same wing as the standard models and they jest paint them, then why are they limited to 500?
Are there 500 individually numbered wings, or is that jest B.S.
I ask because my dealer said I can order the wing any time and they would paint to match my GRM color.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ScionScene said:
Some people are saying that since the RS5 has a kenstyle kit that the spoiler is a kenstyle one too?? no idea, I have the CF OEM look one. So are they reg spoilers the same as the RS one, other than color of course?
I herd the same thing, that they're Kenstyle Wings. I don't think so. Goto Scion and look up Accessory's page pull up the shot of wing and back window in it, then open new tab, goto gold rush site and pull up pic with wing and Back window in it, they look the same to me
Thy Have them listed at MSRP $423.00 installed now, it has gone up..

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I want to sell my extra one. I bought it because the dealer wasn't sure they could get me one. Then of course they got one. Only 500 doesn't mean its numbered, it means they are only making 500 that are already painted in GRM.

Yes you could have them paint a factory spoiler, but it will cost. The factory's come pre-painted. So $423 for the spoiler, then the cost of removing the paint, prepping the spoiler, and re-painting it. Gonna be expensive. Unless the dealer is willing to comp out the cost of repainting it.

So yeah my extra one is for sale. Let me know if your interested.

·
Registered
25 Posts
eviljack said:
Yeah I want to sell my extra one. I bought it because the dealer wasn't sure they could get me one. Then of course they got one. Only 500 doesn't mean its numbered, it means they are only making 500 that are already painted in GRM.

Yes you could have them paint a factory spoiler, but it will cost. The factory's come pre-painted. So $423 for the spoiler, then the cost of removing the paint, prepping the spoiler, and re-painting it. Gonna be expensive. Unless the dealer is willing to comp out the cost of repainting it.

So yeah my extra one is for sale. Let me know if your interested.
Hell ya, I want it, e-mail me at [email protected] with a price pleas!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts