Scion XB Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have this suspension combination, except I have the TRD Strut Brace. You will really love the handling after the install. My XB corners like a dream now!
Ya, I can imagine. I would love to run the strut brace but unfortunately the intake is in the way from the looks of it. Can't tell until I can actually rest one on the bolts. I'm skeptical about it any way. Having the strut towers so close to the firewall should, in itself, make the towers more rigid without needing the strut brace.

· Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Recent update. Rear wiper delete installed. Not going to silicone it until the repainted one arrives. Also painted the head-unit bezel Sail Blue (for those of you with RS8's, this is the closest color match spray paint on the market right now and its pretty much spot on)

At some point I'll probably add one or two more 12v sockets since the B only has the one. Radio Shack makes one the looks OEM once you use a hole saw and install it. Its the cleanest one I know of and fairly cheap too. Might play around with LED's since I'll be pulling the center console, hard to say.

· Registered
614 Posts
Ya, I can imagine. I would love to run the strut brace but unfortunately the intake is in the way from the looks of it. Can't tell until I can actually rest one on the bolts. I'm skeptical about it any way. Having the strut towers so close to the firewall should, in itself, make the towers more rigid without needing the strut brace.
I have the Weapon R intake and there was no problem with both the intake and strut bar installed. Actually The Strut bar was installed first and I installed the intake without having to remove the bar.

· Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I have the Weapon R intake and there was no problem with both the intake and strut bar installed. Actually The Strut bar was installed first and I installed the intake without having to remove the bar.
Right but the whole reason I went with the AFe is it has a heat shield so it actually is a cold air intake and not taking in more hot air. That said, the heat shield is the potential issue. Also, as I said before, the firewall is so close, nearly touching the strut towers, I kinda feel like its more or a cool mod that really doesn't do much but people trick themselves into "feeling" a difference much like throttle body spacers and unichips. Just my thoughts though.

· Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Recent update. Rear wiper delete installed. Not going to silicone it until the repainted one arrives. Also painted the head-unit bezel Sail Blue (for those of you with RS8's, this is the closest color match spray paint on the market right now and its pretty much spot on)

Cell phone photo so the image is shitty but you get the point.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.