Scion XB Forum banner

rs8.0 injen intake

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  hidkid 
#1 ·
sup fellow box owners! picked up this intake im not very mechanically inclined but i did the install myself and 2hrs later it was on:D!! i couldn't decide weather i wanted to go with it short ram or cai so i tried both the short ram sounds loud as f**k i like!! havnt tested out with the cai since i cleaned the filter and its drying but cant wait to slap it on...

some piks of my install
short ram mode...

CAI mode..

it looks preety sweet being polished and all but u can see finger marks and smudges i feel like plastidipping it ha! lol!
not a bad intake considering i got it for $110 :)

See less See more
#3 ·
thanks brickpig..and no codes thrown...driven it around the blok and its all good,...the cai is loud reminds me of wen i had my intake on my 06maxima was a beast!.....im loving the intake..it should pass smog..i too hate calis emissions tests....waste of $

#5 ·
i couldnt run the intake as cai because im missing a bracket that was on my snorkel so the vibramount stud screw couldnt go screwed on thus causing the intake tube to slide out...so its ahort ram for now till i find that little bracket thing:(

#8 ·
Finding cheap scion parts on craigslist rocks. However my area is always filled with 1st generation xb instead of the 2nd.

#10 ·
Call the cops, you stole that thing!! Nice job and install. However in the 3rd pic, it looks a bit close to the negative battery terminal. Is it possible to reposition for a bit more clearance?

Second, as a dress up note, look up Adel Clamp at Aircraft Spruce dot com to secure the amp lead. You probably need about a number 6 or 8 to tie off the amp lead. They are cheap and add a bit of security.

Disclaimer: I don't work there nor have any financial gain. I'm an aircraft mechanic and use a lot of their stuff on my cars.

Gordon

#11 ·
I bought the knock off of the injen by K2motors on Ebay for $63. Boy can I tell a difference around the 3500rpm range! The xB is stock sound until you punch it then it growls like a V8! Also getting 2mpg more. CAI is one of the best investments for our xB's!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.