Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to align the Rukus badge on the back door or a site with instructions? I just ordered all the Aussie badges and want to get it right

·
Registered
328 Posts
I am not sure on the allignment but would like to know where you got your emblems from???

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
I put on a fake one my gf ordered me the letters from badge your ride.
I looked on google to see how high the letters on actual rukus are and then used a level with a piece of tape. I made sure the tape was level and stuck it to the hatch. Then used the top of the tape as a straight line to lay the letters on. Worked out good

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found them on ebay and the sellers name is sydneycityparts just type in Toyota rukus in the search you should find them . I bought the yota badges front and rear , the rukus and the halo edition decal . you can also get the chrome valence piece for above the rear license plate but then that would be the only chrome on the B, maybe if I get the tails one day I would get that piece to match

·
Registered
328 Posts
I found them on ebay and the sellers name is sydneycityparts just type in Toyota rukus in the search you should find them . I bought the yota badges front and rear , the rukus and the halo edition decal . you can also get the chrome valence piece for above the rear license plate but then that would be the only chrome on the B, maybe if I get the tails one day I would get that piece to match
Cool thanks for the info!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
I put on a fake one my gf ordered me the letters from badge your ride.
I looked on google to see how high the letters on actual rukus are and then used a level with a piece of tape. I made sure the tape was level and stuck it to the hatch. Then used the top of the tape as a straight line to lay the letters on. Worked out good
If you're going to use a level make sure the vehicle is sitting level first! :p

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
If you're going to use a level make sure the vehicle is sitting level first! :p
Haha I guess that would have been good to consider.
Luckily I was in a shop and the floor must have been pretty level cuz it turned out alright lol

That's a good point zinger

·
Registered
35 Posts
Option 1
Have you removed the old emblem yet? I ask this because you can get a grease pencil, I prefer BLUE, and outline the original decal/emblem before removal and that will leave a marker to place in the original position. Also, I choose blue because red appears to leave residue left behind that can stain a white vehicle.

Option 2
Find the length of the emblem. Find the location you are looking for, place a very low low low tack tape (masking is ususally best) and measure evenly on the out side of the size for the emblem and place two markers. One left and one right. Check to make sure the end to end of the TOPS of the masking are level, with a level if desired. Hold the emblem and you should align the straight ends with the masking. Apple firmly and you have your emblem installed. If I have time, and can get an emblem I'll make a video tutorial.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The badges are in the mail but yes I still have the xB on it, I've been studying the positioning on some online pics. When they come in i'll take some pics of the install. Thanks for the tips. As for not finding the seller on ebay see if you can check off international sellers, I actually found the guy on U.S. Ebay.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My Badges showed up yesterday :D installed them in 20 minutes. Pics on their way

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re-Badged

weird reflection in the Rukus badge because my truck is to close

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my pics are missing ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys , I was so worried about lining up that rukus badge but all I did was leave the xB one on as a reference point because the rukus one is mounted higher anyways . I must have purchased the last one in stock . Can you guys still see my re-badged pics ? for some reason they are missing when I look :confused:

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
I can see them.
I think there fine

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
I really like your badges.
Im also quite impressed with how close my generic letters are to the actual rukus letters.
Although for what its worth im pretty sure the generic letters cost close to what the actual ones do so might as well go all in if someone is looking to buy them

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.