Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever thought about converting the drivetrain to rear or all wheel drive?

I know it sounds ridiculous but it would be the sweetest thing ever. From what I gather the older ones like the TC's were based on a frame that is sold internationally on an AWD Toyota so it's already channeled for the driveline.

If that's true it wouldn't require much, considering the scale of the mod, to change out the drive train and turn the engine in the proper direction. Or for that matter add a transfer box and a rear diff.

I don't have any idea if the newer boxes are based on this frame but I heard that's how they did the TC drift cars more or less.

Anyone with some input? I figure even if it is "impossible" or i'm totally wrong it would be a fun discussion because lets be honest RWD is just better; most of the time anyway, I will give winter to an FWD.

I thought about adding something here about a MR Scion since I like the MR2 and I know there is at least one MR hatchback but that would just be crazy... awesome.

Anyone else think of some crazy ridiculous over the top mods you could potentially do?

Edit: also I hear that the boxes have AWD in Japan anyway. Haven't ever looked it up though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
saw one online today that had a full supra 2jz rwd swap making 500hp

·
Registered
266 Posts
You might wanna look at the 2011 Scion's Battle of the build. Some team had a turbocharged AWD xB with a Rav4 drivetrain! Kai Hei Tai Performance with the "xB Assault"

·
Registered
72 Posts
Rwd xB

here's the link to the 2jz swap

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WGV_kg185U

·
Registered
185 Posts
You might wanna look at the 2011 Scion's Battle of the build. Some team had a turbocharged AWD xB with a Rav4 drivetrain! Kai Hei Tai Performance with the "xB Assault"

wow this thing is awesome! I've never seen pics of it anywhere. I never like raised vehicles, cars should be low. The lower the better :). But I do like this xB!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.