Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the SIRIUS SIR-PNR2 would work for the premium radio? It seems like it should. If not what will? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I LOVE YOU TOO... :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed my sirius kit yesterday...and IT WORKS GREAT, AND I LOVE IT!!! If you want sirius this is deffinately the way to go... Everything was plug and play, easy to assemble(sorry no pics of the install). I can answer pretty much any questions about it though. There is plenty of room in the dash for the reciever. The kit should work with any of the radio models(I have the premium). I had everything installed in under an hour. The most time consuming part is routing the antenna cable(I put mine behind the factory one). GET THIS KIT!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
JOEY G-xB said:
There is plenty of room in the dash for the reciever.
Where did you mount it? Mine is just sitting in the glove compartment. The best place I found for it was covered with padding, not a good mount point.

·
Registered
266 Posts
memebag said:
Where did you mount it? Mine is just sitting in the glove compartment. The best place I found for it was covered with padding, not a good mount point.
I installed one of these kits myself finally. I just put the receiver down in the hole that existed when I removed the factory stereo. It was a pretty good fit. Basically sits behind where the shifter is , directly under the stereo. I didn't actually mount it to anything. Have not run into any problems thus far.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ross said:
I installed one of these kits myself finally. I just put the receiver down in the hole that existed when I removed the factory stereo. It was a pretty good fit. Basically sits behind where the shifter is , directly under the stereo. I didn't actually mount it to anything. Have not run into any problems thus far.
I have no idea where that is.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ross said:
memebag said:
i did the same thing as Ross... when the radio is pulled out and all of your cables are connected... just set the satellite reciever in the hole... there is plenty of room back there. hope that helped.

·
Registered
13 Posts
JOEY G-xB said:
i did the same thing as Ross... when the radio is pulled out and all of your cables are connected... just set the satellite reciever in the hole... there is plenty of room back there. hope that helped.
What is the receiver sitting on? Is it secured in any way?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i used zip ties and secured it to one of the cross members, but you can use double sided taped or screws. You really don't have to secure it to anything though, once the radio is back in it shouldn't move aound, and the wires that connect are pretty secure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered my TOY-SC1 kit an should recieve it tommorrow. I was concerned about where to set the unit but apparently it is not that big and will fit behind the HU.

Where is everyone mounting/running the Antenna? I was thinking about on the cowl w/ Velcro otherwise I will have to run it to the back hatch which seems like a pain....

Thank you in advance for your replies.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mjj770 said:
I ordered my TOY-SC1 kit an should recieve it tommorrow. I was concerned about where to set the unit but apparently it is not that big and will fit behind the HU.

Where is everyone mounting/running the Antenna? I was thinking about on the cowl w/ Velcro otherwise I will have to run it to the back hatch which seems like a pain....

Thank you in advance for your replies.

:thumbsup:
first off, there is plenty of room behind the HU so don't worry about that! second, i put my antenna behind the factory one and ran the wire underneath all of the floor trim back to the stereo. it was a little time consuming but not difficult by any means, and for best results the antenna needs a clear view of the sky...where ever you put it! you'll love SIRIUS!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Does anybody have pictures of the install?
Is this a replacement of the existing system or just a satellite tuner for the existing system?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wangster said:
Does anybody have pictures of the install?
Is this a replacement of the existing system or just a satellite tuner for the existing system?
this was an install of just an in-dash sattelite reciever, no pix yet, but it was very easy!

·
Registered
130 Posts
So, I am trying to understand... with this combo kit, the stock HU (whether standard or premium) lets you install Sirius, which will be selected when you hit the "AM/SAT" button on the HU? And the screen scrolls artist/song information? And you can still use the "AUX" and "IPOD" connections for an mp3 player or ipod?

I used to have Sirius and have an old Audiovox PNP3 plug n play receiver, but there is just no good place to mount it on the dash...

Thanks for your help...

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ryeguy said:
So, I am trying to understand... with this combo kit, the stock HU (whether standard or premium) lets you install Sirius, which will be selected when you hit the "AM/SAT" button on the HU? And the screen scrolls artist/song information? And you can still use the "AUX" and "IPOD" connections for an mp3 player or ipod?

I used to have Sirius and have an old Audiovox PNP3 plug n play receiver, but there is just no good place to mount it on the dash...

Thanks for your help...
now i not sure about the stock HU, but i do know for a fact that the premium HU displays artists and song info, and the ipod & aux connections still work fine!

·
Registered
73 Posts
After looking at this product and loving the price I have a couple of questions:

1. Does anyone know if this works with the stock head-unit?
2. The description seems to infer that it will work with a stock FM antenna and yet it sounds like most of you are trying to find a place for the antenna. Am I reading that incorrectly?

Michael

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mfielden said:
After looking at this product and loving the price I have a couple of questions:

1. Does anyone know if this works with the stock head-unit?
2. The description seems to infer that it will work with a stock FM antenna and yet it sounds like most of you are trying to find a place for the antenna. Am I reading that incorrectly?

Michael
1. if i remember correctly, the stock HU is SATELLITE READY...so it should work.
2. the satellite radio reciever comes wih its own antenna to recieve the channels, most folks just put it behind the stock antenna for a clean look,
and route the wire for it accordingly...as of yet there is no way to recieve a satellite signal through the stock antenna... JOEY G HILTON SRIKES AGAIN!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sweet - thanks for the update and the picture (I especially appreciate the annotation). I guess this begs the debate - I already have XM in both of my other cars, is one better than the other?

Michael

1 - 20 of 35 Posts