Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I have a question about the satellite ready radio that comes with the Scion. We purchased a new XB yesterday and would like to have satellite radio. We have the Scion Navigation System with the touch screen, which appears to be Satellite ready for XM. Really don't want to pay $450 to have the dealer install it and I'm hoping someone can offer some insight into how we can get this. Would also prefer Sirius over XM and would like to know if we can switch it. Have found the Toyota/Lexus/Scion Sirius connect TOY-SC1 SCC1 pack, but not sure if this will work with our SNS. any help you could offer would be great. thanx Christina :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
i would think that kit should still work, since the SNS is made for the xB...i have that kit with the premium HU and was a piece of cake to install...

·
Registered
58 Posts
It took me five to six hours to do the xm install. I know the dealer gives it 3 and half or four hours for it, not sure it they have two guys working on it or not. The pdf for the install is on trd sparks site. At the time there didn't seem to be anyway getting 300.00 for the three parts needed ( not sure if they are cheaper now ). The cheaper way to go would be to do the unit off to the side (like a Roady XT which I had in my old car, the factory xm is way better though, no fm modulator and so on).

·
Registered
63 Posts
I put the system in my xb and took a few short cuts. I did not remove the seats nor did I pull out all of the back of the vehicle. I was able to fish the wire for the antenna down the side of the back door and then the wire was run beside the tire and forward. I was carefull to make sure that it could not pinch or get caught on anything. The instructions show pulling the trim and taping the wire to another thats there. I was able to pull the bottom of the back seat and then run it forward with no problems. You have to spend the time and be careful but its not that hard to do yourself.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I went to the dealership today to find out about how I could get Satellite on my radio and it was a lot more money and seems more complicated than I thought it would be. I guess the words "Satellite Ready" has a different meaning to Toyota/Scion than it does to me. The dealer said it would cost $400 for parts and labor to get the Satellite Receiver and Antenna installed. Thinking that that was an outrageous amount I went to Best Buy to see what other alternatives there were. Apparently even if going through Best Buy for the install I would still need to buy the parts from Toyota...which is still $300. So why not spend the extra $100 and have Toyota take the time and run the wires properly from the front to the back of the xB.

Still not sure if spending $400 is Satellite worthy. I listen to Sirius for 40 hours a week while at work and although it is commercial free they do repeat the same songs over and over again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.