Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I agree with Jack that some things are just easier for a dealership to do because they have the right tools and training to do it, so sometimes it's better to take it to them. That way if they screw it up, it's on THEM to pay for it. I had my spoiler and cargo net installed by the dealership for that reason, and they did a pretty good job (although I think the spoiler could be a little tighter, but that may just be my picky streak peaking out..) But I know for some people, it's part of the fun of owning a car like this, and if they have the skills to rock it, rock it out!

I'm not a very handy person, and this being my first new car ever, I'm very nervous about breaking, scratching or not being able to put it BACK together. For the piece of mind, I'd rather have a dealer or well rated professional put in most items. There's a few things I've done myself like the exhaust tip and bumper protector, but neither of those include cutting, drilling or wiring. :p Next up is the chandelier, and hopefully that doesn't require any drilling. It's pretty heavy. THEN, the custom fabric panels myself. THEN painting a few interior pieces myself... :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.