Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Looks to me like it's the new Toyota bB that I wanted to come to the states but didn't.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This happens all the time in this business. I work for an ad agency and we just picked up a local dealership as a client, and something real similar to this happened with a coworker of mine last week. She was given a bunch of copy at the last minute and told to get photos for three vehicles that they wanted to make the 'feature' of the ad due by the end of that very day. Unfortunately, the poorly managed dealership didn't know their head from a hole in the ground when it came to corporate media and advertising, so my coworker jen had to find all the images for the featured cars using the good old internet, instead of a media kit the dealer should've had or had access to, looking for the best quality photos she could find. Well, she was looking for a Chevy Silverado Z71 and it turns out the best photo she found was a photoshopped Toyo Tundra dressed with a bow and wheels to look like the silverado and renamed Silverado.jpg. Needless to say, the dealer approved it, it printed, she hadn't a clue, and the dealer wound up with lots of phone calls. LOL. Luckily no one got fired, after all dealer approved it, but yeah who knows - that pic could've been dug up somewhere and named something obscure with a xb in the name.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The place I bought my Xb from can't seem to figure out if they have the xD or xA. I called them on the internet ad that showed they had 4 xA's which of course they didn't and could not get any more in. I asked when it would be corrected so I could look at the information on the xD's. After 2 weeks they still did not have it fixed, so I called up asking for one of the Xa's. I talked to the manager there and he didn't realize the mistake. Anyway when I went to go look at the xD and the xB's I checked online once more a few weeks later and this time they were selling a 2008 Scion xA for $28,000 (yes, 28 thousand) with 54,000 miles. For grins :) I went down and asked them to show me it along with the other 6 xA's that they said they had in stock. They said that they don't have any xA's let alone one for $28K, for more fun I showed it to them on their site and said this is what I'm looking for and I drove to see and said that just imagine what would happen if I or someone drove from 200 miles away to get one. I saw the face of the sales guy turn green. :rofl:

Then I told him I didn't want one of those anyway and I bought my new xB. I just checked the site and they magically changed the cars to the correct models.

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah... i remember another dealership putting the new Toyota bB in a flyer.. saying it was the 2008 xB...
sheesh... not as bad as a completely different brand of a car though...

yea... i knew a former Scion Champion there... he knew his stuff.. but after he left..... eyah......... stuff like this.... :eek:

uhmm... where'd you find this ad?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts