Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
658 Posts
crazy.

I heard the gen 3 xB was in the works too. ****.
Keep in mind many people probably said the say about the 2nd gen xA that became the xD.

(and that's all you're getting out of me!)

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Scion is shifting what they are doing with the Scion brand. There are now 2 sports cars and the extreme city car (iQ) now, and a rumored pickup coming. I assume there will be something in the "box car" niche, whether it's called "xB" or not. They have only recently introduced the model to Canada and Mexico and the present gen of the model itself if only 5 years old. There should be a new-Gen Rukus (unless it completely falls short of expectation) in the Aus-market.
A cargo/passenger gen-x/Gen-y vehicle is a key vehicle for the intended market, but the next gen of that may be different enough from the first 2 gens that a new name shows up for it.
I'm hoping for a cool one with an integrated roof rack, sports suspension, and AWD . . . A sports go-anywhere box.

We'll see.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
What I'd LOVE . . .
The xB is close to the rules-size of the current gen of WRC cars (VERY close to the size of the Mini Countryman). Also, there is a rumor that Toyota is interested in reentering soon.
I'd LOVE to see a multi-country model that replaces the xB that is used as their WRC car . . . THAT would be AWESOME!!!!!

· Registered
477 Posts
I can't recall a car's value going up once it becomes an "orphan" car!!!! Most people shy away from a vehicle once a future stop production is announced as they are afraid of parts not being available which makes it harder to resell.

xB should have been updated (engine/trans) for 2011 model to keep up to date.

Maybe Toyota will change their mind, but life goes on!

· Registered
86 Posts
This makes me sick! All of us that love the xb the xd and most of all scion its self need to send the president and the vice president emails telling them not to do away with the xb and xd, especially the xb and remind them that the xb is the car that made scion the fastest growing and most popular car company in history, and that the reason scions aren't selling is 1 all the models are over priced the base price of an xb in 2008 was around $16,000 now the base price is $17,000 but your lucky to find one for less then $18,000 and the tc in 08 was around $17,000 now the base price is $19,320. 2 they stopped advertising and promoting the idea of being part of a community and being one of a kind and making the car your own and for awhile didn't advertise at all. When they started to advertise again they only made one for the new tc and instead of saying be one of a kind it was a stupid ad with the god Zeus who was full of him self and it didn't focus on the car at all only on the character. we need to remind them that what made the company was the owner only events and the sense of community. we also need to remind them that these are the kind of ads the built the company
Scion xB - Commercial - YouTube
Scion xB Splicer Commercial - YouTube
Scion United Commercial - YouTube
Scion tC - Commercial - YouTube
Scion tC tv commercial - YouTube
"What Moves You" - Toyota Scion Advert - Music By The Lab - YouTube
and that these are not the kind of ad that made scion.
Scion | Zeus & the High Voltage tC -- The Extended Cut - YouTube
The All New 2012 Scion iQ - YouTube
Sorry for the long post its just that I've loved the xb and scion since I first time I saw one when I was 11 and love it even more after learning about scions make it your own and be one of a kind attitude.
Like I said at the beginning lets try and save the xb and xd and remind them what scion is.

· Registered
18 Posts
Whether its called a Scion Xb, Toyota Ruckus, or Corolla Rumion, the car will no longer be sold in the US. Personally, I think they blew it for the 1st gen fanbase when they replaced that car with the 2nd gen Xb, instead of continuing with the actual update, the JDM market Toyota Bb. Don't get me wrong, I love my RS7 but I can understand why they might need to kill it off. What doesn't make sense to me now is the Tc. Won't the FR-S make it obsolete?

· Registered
658 Posts
Whether its called a Scion Xb, Toyota Ruckus, or Corolla Rumion, the car will no longer be sold in the US. Personally, I think they blew it for the 1st gen fanbase when they replaced that car with the 2nd gen Xb, instead of continuing with the actual update, the JDM market Toyota Bb. Don't get me wrong, I love my RS7 but I can understand why they might need to kill it off. What doesn't make sense to me now is the Tc. Won't the FR-S make it obsolete?
Some people prefer a backseat and/or FWD. I think they are similar to some but very different to others who want specific options in their car. That said I agree, most people will see a sportscar.

· Premium Member
2,527 Posts
I agree with Be, the tC2 and the FR-S are too different to cancel each other out. Yes, some possible tC2 owners will buy the FR-S, but the fact that 1 is RWD and 1 is FWD will probably swap some people in either direction. Not everyone likes RWD. Also, the 5-6K price tag difference might be too much for someone who wants a sporty coupe, the tC2 is perfect.

Also, perhaps the FR-S will drive the price of the tC2 down and make it a bit more affordable for people? who knows.

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If Canada and Australia just recently recieved Scion as a brand to sell... isnt it weird that they wont be selling the XB and XD any longer to places where it just became available? Unless they are just pulling them from the US market? How could Scion survive selling 2 sports cars and a city car?

· Registered
658 Posts
If Canada and Australia just recently recieved Scion as a brand to sell... isnt it weird that they wont be selling the XB and XD any longer to places where it just became available? Unless they are just pulling them from the US market? How could Scion survive selling 2 sports cars and a city car?
They didn't receive the Scion brand and in regards to Australia it wasn't recent. Canada has the Toyota Corolla Rumion and Australia has the Toyota Rukus. Both are what we refer to as the Scion xB but in their own right have more options.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.