Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a decal for my backwindow of the Scion logo. I got a black xb and want the decal to be gray or grey (however you want to spell it :D). My desire is for the decal to be as big as possible before touching the back window wiper. Anyone know where I can find this decal and also with me living in the Midwest, will i scrap off the decal by scrapping off ice on the back window?

·
Registered
783 Posts
I deleted my wiper, and I haven't missed it one bit!

I also want to get a back decal.
here's what I want:

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Sounds cool. The local sign/vinyl guy should have the logo as part of a logo package most buy w/ their cutting software.
Plus, there is the ebay option. The text SCION on my grill is a resized one from ebay originally intended for a tC windshield graphic. Message the seller and tell them what you want, w/ size. They will tell you if they can/will do it and also the price.

As for the wiper . . .
I have my wiper (and use it regularly- lots of rain and many dirt/gravel roads keeping ALL roads pretty dirty. Did I mention I like in the country . . . ?). At Sanitarium last month, I added red edging to my wide black stripe. While putting it on, I ran the red down the window too- figured: Why not . . .
Anyways, I noticed the vinyl caused the wiper to not swipe smoothly. A well designed graphic w/ compound/complex edging should still work smoother than a straight line running straight in the same direction as the blade (made it "hop" a bit). I removed it soon after (didn't like it much anyways).

Brant/Boxzilla of sckiotics has/had a complex full window graphics on his Envy Green xB1 and uses his wiper w/ no complaint or issue.

Oh, and I agree, the sans wiper look is very clean. I've thought seriously about it, but keep using the wiper. Someday . . . maybe . . .

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How much would getting it at a store cost? Would I be better off getting one off ebay and applying it myself?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Depends on the store/vinyl guy and the amount of work involved. I've done both w/ different stuff over the years (inc. making some myself w/ vinyl, a board, and an exacto).

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll check out a shop. Knowing me, I'll put it on crooked if I did it myself.

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
If you're gonna apply vinyl yourself, start small. An sticker that takes up the rear window is not the way to start learning how to apply vinyl. Its a tough thing to do and it sucks cause you only get 1 shot at it most times. At a shop they can screw it up and just print you out another sticker and do it again.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I just got back from a local print shop. They told me that getting a back window decal wouldn't be the best thing to do. His reasons were because during the winter if I used the heated strips that are on my back window, the decal would start to bubble and get damaged and also that I have a back window wiper. My dreams are crushed :(

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I went ahead and bought a decal off of amazon. It's the Transformers Decepticon symbol in red. It's like 9.5' by 9 inches. Think a bored cop will pull me over saying that the decal will block my view?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Inches JRI haha

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.