Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what does everyone think of the production model of the FR-S? It, surprisingly, has not changed much from the concept that's been running around.

the engine isn't very impressive though. only 200hp and 151lb-ft. I was hoping for at least 250-270hp on this thing.

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Scion FR-S Preliminary Specifications

Length
166.7 in.
Width
69.9 in.
Height
51.2 in. (not including antenna base)
Wheelbase
101.2 in.
Track
Front
59.8 in.
Rear
60.6 in.
Seating capacity
Engine
Total displacement
1,998 cc
Type
Horizontally opposed four-cylinder, D-4S injection, DOHC
Bore × stroke
86 × 86 mm.
Maximum output
200hp @ 7,000 rpm
Maximum torque
151 lb.-ft. @ 6,600 rpm
Transmission
6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic with paddle shifters
Driveline
Rear-wheel drive
Suspension
Front
MacPherson struts
Rear
Double wishbone
Brakes
Front
Ventilated Disc
Rear
Ventilated Disc
Tires
Front
215/45R17
Rear
215/45R17
Fuel tank
13.2 gallons
Fuel
Premium Unleaded

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Based on it being a Scion AND having a Subaru performance-model sibling, I'm sure we'll see 400-500HP street examples in a very short time.
I like it and looking forward to seeing it in person.

Are there any other ex-VW owners who are excited about the flat-4?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
I'm also wondering about the weight. A lighter vehicle more than makes up for a somewhat more HP. HP can be easily added, weight is hard to take off.

Cosmetically, I'm trying to decide if it "needs" a body-kit or not. I'm waiting to see one in person.
Some performance car look better "umolested" (like the Gen-3 RX-7, for example), while others are just amazing with a good kit.
The roofline looks good, but not sure on panel and line resolution in the shots. Knowing Scion owners, I'm sure there will be AWESOME one out there very, very soon!

·
Registered
477 Posts
TartanJack, that's exactly what I was going to ask, what is the hp/weight ratio. A lot of the musle cars from the 60 with Hemi's got a schooling from Chevy's Vette, with 327 ci.

Nice looking, would mind having one!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Cosmetically, I'm trying to decide if it "needs" a body-kit or not. I'm waiting to see one in person.
Some performance car look better "umolested" (like the Gen-3 RX-7, for example), while others are just amazing with a good kit.
The roofline looks good, but not sure on panel and line resolution in the shots. Knowing Scion owners, I'm sure there will be AWESOME one out there very, very soon!
The black one has a Greddy front lip kit and an exhaust.

I too can't wait to see one on the road, but its not coming out till 2013.:(

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
AS a 2013 model . . .
Expect it in late winter/spring 2012-> soon!

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, it should drop in the march-may area from what I hear AS a 2013, they won't have an RS for at least a year, like they did with the release of the tC2.

I can't wait to test drive this, prob won't buy it since I already have enough cars and no garage for them. MY KINGDOM FOR A GARAGE!

·
Registered
166 Posts
saw on scionlife that it wieghs ~2700lbs.

and looking the motors out of an wrx and the none turbo model there is over a 100 hp increase. (~150whp to 260+whp). toyota will supercharge and not turbo. by the time i can buy one...5-7 years im sure there will tons of aftermarket and support for it...and cheaper. not the mid to high 20's or low 30's like i herd

·
Registered
647 Posts
Cool little car. Got to see it in person. It will be interesting to see what the stock rims look like. It will change the whole appearance of the car because those rims look sick. 6'3" guess I won't be getting one anyway!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.