Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get rid of the scion logos on the front grill and on the hatch. Do all Toyota logos fit the holes that are there in the grill and hatch.

Any OEM part numbers will be great And rumion logos are great too!

· Premium Member
811 Posts
I removed the front Scion by changing out the grill. I know, not helping. They are attached with double-stick tape. The rear one also leaves two holes. As far as I know, any other logo that is the same size will work. You might want to make sure that those holes are filled if the one you use to replace it doesn't have the prongs. I took off the rear xB and replaced it with another type of logo all together. I used really strong dental floss to take it off, so there were no scratches. Enjoy!

Oops! I forgot a link to emblems on ebay:

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/__?_from=R40&_trksid=p3841.m39.l1313&_nkw=toyota+emblems&_sacat=

· Registered
782 Posts
kmand83 said:
I want to get rid of the scion logos on the front grill and on the hatch. Do all Toyota logos fit the holes that are there in the grill and hatch.

Toyota badge dimensions vary widely. If you want badges that are a match to the xB2, then the Rumion badges work, though the 2011 front badge may be dimensioned differently (don't know) -- if so, you'd probably need the nose badge from the Rukus. Check with Carson Toyota for compatible badges (though they may not have anything Rukus yet, would have to ask them about it):

http://www.newscionparts.com/index.php?id=135

· Registered
783 Posts
TrevorS said:
kmand83 said:

Toyota badge dimensions vary widely. If you want badges that are a match to the xB2, then the Rumion badges work, though the 2011 front badge may be dimensioned differently (don't know) -- if so, you'd probably need the nose badge from the Rukus. Check with Carson Toyota for compatible badges (though they may not have anything Rukus yet, would have to ask them about it):

http://www.newscionparts.com/index.php?id=135
The rumion badge is different. the pins are in different places and it isn't as big. I got it, and just shaved off the pins. It works, but if you look hard enough you can tell it doesn't fit.

· Registered
782 Posts
Chrevis said:
The rumion badge is different. the pins are in different places and it isn't as big. I got it, and just shaved off the pins. It works, but if you look hard enough you can tell it doesn't fit.
Really? That's both disappointing and surprising -- I expected the rear hatch sheet metal to be identical to save factory cost. I saw a photo of the Rumion rear Toyota badge installed on an xB and it looked right to me (owner didn't mention having to mod it), way better than the nearest other identified competitor which was a Camry trunk badge.

I actually bought one of the Rumion rears to install on mine after debadging, but decided to re-install the xB Scion badge instead. I never even tried the fit -- just changed my mind.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well this has got me off a little bit to a better start. thanks for all the input. I have been doing some research but not sure what i want to do yet. I will keep you all posted on progress but if anyone has any new info to share please do!

· Registered
782 Posts
I'm pretty certain Marshall Lum (Eight08Customs -- works with Forjworks on Hawaii) was the first to install the Rumion rear Toyota badge on his xB. He obtained it via a friend in Japan long before it became available at Carson Toyota/Scion. The first post of this thread by him includes photos of what I believe is his car. You could ask him via PM about his experience.

http://newscionxb.com/exterior_mods...od_spoiler_and_tail_light_covers-t3230.0.html

· Registered
783 Posts

· Registered
614 Posts
Wow, that's strange that it did not fit, because in the description for the item it says:

"This part is suitable for the following model: xB 2008-2010"

Are you sure they sent the right part? I would contact newscionparts and ask them why it say's that it will fit.

· Registered
782 Posts
Carson was where I got mine too. I just took it out to the car and checked the size against the OE rear Scion badge and as far as I can tell (one placed over the other), it's the same. The part number on my package is 90975-02063. I can't compare the pin location since the Scion badge is still installed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.