1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here is what I have left.

Keychains (Round) I have 1 of them $4 each

Scion Orange fuzzy Deviant dice (Not sure what they are actually called) $5

AND...I PURCHASED a ton of Scion hats to get some that I wanted. I have several of them left they are black with the Scion logo on the left front of the hat. They are really awesome and BRAND NEW. They still have the cardboard in the front to keep it's shape.

Scion Black Hats $7 each

All prices include shipping

And they are on an AVON box so you know I gotta have em' LOL

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
I think as long as the swag was not gotten for the specific purpose of reselling it, that that would be OK, but if you go to a Scion event or dealer and grab a handful of stuff just to sell it off, I'd have to say that's pretty low.

I've got a few pieces of Scion swag myself, but they're mine :)

Also have a ton of VW swag, but that isn't going anyplace either, much to the chagrin of my wife.

A few definitions:

Slang Stolen property; loot. (Dictionary.com)

From Urban Dictionary:

Promotional merchandise for a band, record label, or other entity in the music business, usually distributed at concerts.

May include t-shirts, stickers, promo CDs, posters, etc. Often free, but not necessarily; a t-shirt or record purchased at a concert might still be considered swag, especially if it is a design or release that is not readily available in the mass market.

Many independent record labels throw in a handful of free swag when they ship out mail-order packages (stickers, sampler CDs, etc).

The chief difference between swag and regular merchandise is that its purpose is not to make a profit, but to promote the band/label, and reward its supporters by giving them something cool and unique.
I picked up some great swag at the concert last night.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I agree. I am starting to get the feeling that the classifieds section is being made into QVC by some folks. :mad:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go ahead and delete. Geesh

I didn't get it to specifically sell it...I got it and have extras and I know some people can't get certain things and/or have trouble getting them. Starting to feel like a roast in here.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It's funny that on scionlife, swag is sold or traded all the time and no one raises a fuss. I think this is the opinions of just a few deviants :D and not the majority.

Some swag you don't get at all scion events, because it's a regional only product, specially produced for that event or stuff the dealers bought off optomize as door prizes. (Like, ya'all aren't getting your hands on ma scion belt buckle, ever ;) ) You put in money for gas, food, hotel, time off and/or mods to attend that event. I don't see any issue reselling things you picked up and then decided to pass on/sell. What you get is the luck of the draw - I have yet to see any scion socks or underwear in my region - I'd be happy to purchase those for an okay offer. *grin*

And, to point out, this *IS* the CLASSIFIEDS - this is stuff TO SELL. It's RELATED TO SCION. Not all of us need cold air intakes; it's okay to have fun, small stuff for sale. If you don't like QVC, don't watch it. If you don't like the line of a classifed ad, don't read it. Simple as that.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
As long as it isn't gotten for the purpose of selling, it's fine here.

Classifieds are for members to sell extra stuff they have.
When someone shows up, starts to sell stuff and, then, doesn't partake in discussions, there are issues.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
AvonLadyJenn said:
I didn't get it to specifically sell it...I got it and have extras and I know some people can't get certain things and/or have trouble getting them. Starting to feel like a roast in here.
That says it all right there, IMO.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TartanJack said:
As long as it isn't gotten for the purpose of selling, it's fine here.

Classifieds are for members to sell extra stuff they have.
When someone shows up, starts to sell stuff and, then, doesn't partake in discussions, there are issues.
I am not sure if you are trying to imply that I don't participate in discussions or what...I didn't post anything for sale until I had been on here awhile...I have partcipated in some discussions...I may not be the most active member around....but seriously...the way this has played out is less than welcoming. I have NEVER been treated this way on another forum....

Neither here nor there...ya'll got what you wanted...which was me to quit selling the EXTRA swag I had...Never had an issue on Scion Life with it...but whatever.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
AvonLadyJenn said:
I am not sure if you are trying to imply that I don't participate in discussions or what...
I don't think he was saying that at all. You have 97 posts, which isn't too shabby. On YStC, there are a lot of people showing up and posting just a classified ad and have no other history with the site - that's when people start worrying about spam and fraud. Not when someone has almost 100 posts.

AvonLadyJenn said:
Perhaps this place would be busier...if folks were a bit more welcoming and less judgemental and making assumptions.  Geez I can't believe it....

Newscion xb= not so nice to newies.  Got it.
I don't appreciate that implication - there is hardly any friction here and most people agree that we have a more mature membership. I think this is simply a case of a little misunderstanding and I'm sure the majority of us don't mind you selling extra swag.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
NO!

Some people have shown up, posted a "hello" and then classified and NOTHING else.
Their sole purpose here is free advertising.
AvonLady actually owns an xB and mods it, even posting a thread about it. You participate.
Others come in and spam or hock wares and nothing else, possibly not even owning a Scion, let alone an xB, maybe even not knowing what a Scion xB even is. That is within the nature of forums . . . ALL forums.
Different ones have rules regarding what to do with spammers

As for the lines between a true spammer, "free advertising manipulation" by a participating member, and a poster letting us know what they do and services they offer, as part of general discussion and/or selling something xB-related that they have laying around is Eric's domain.
(I have barely got my toe in the water as a mod-> it happened yesterday/last night. So don't read into what has been said by me. I speak only for myself. In fact, the last post was done before Eric brought me on board, or at least before I realized it.)

As a matter of fact, I was going to ask about the yellow xB plush . . .
It is the ONE "swag" item I wanted and haven't gotten.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Perhaps I'm the minority but it did seem a little cheesy to me, even though I have sold Scion swag. A big difference being I never advertised my swag and I tried to swap first. All the moderators are trying to do here is establish some guidelines.

I have various Scion pens, most still write, reasonable shipping rates. Make offer.

Also specializing in Amway products for all of your everyday needs. Ginsu knives anyone?

Limited edition state quarters, let me know what you need to fill your book, 1 dollar each plus shipping....HURRY!

:rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
In defense of Avonladyjen, there are only 4 posts in the classified section started by her, and they are all Scion related.
So 4 out of 100 ain't so bad at all.

Shoulda looked there a few days ago :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Eric said:
AvonLadyJenn said:
I am not sure if you are trying to imply that I don't participate in discussions or what...
I don't think he was saying that at all. You have 97 posts, which isn't too shabby. On YStC, there are a lot of people showing up and posting just a classified ad and have no other history with the site - that's when people start worrying about spam and fraud. Not when someone has almost 100 posts.

AvonLadyJenn said:
Perhaps this place would be busier...if folks were a bit more welcoming and less judgemental and making assumptions. Geez I can't believe it....

Newscion xb= not so nice to newies. Got it.
I don't appreciate that implication - there is hardly any friction here and most people agree that we have a more mature membership. I think this is simply a case of a little misunderstanding and I'm sure the majority of us don't mind you selling extra swag.
Sorry Eric...it's hard to tell tone on a message board and hard to tell who is talking to who. I sold most of it at this point only have the fuzzy deviant dice and one keychain left....so it's all good. Sorry for my mini tantrum

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
boblamb58 said:
In defense of Avonladyjen, there are only 4 posts in the classified section started by her, and they are all Scion related.
So 4 out of 100 ain't so bad at all.

Shoulda looked there a few days ago :)
Thanks bobblam58....appreciate the backup LOL :naughty:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am not able to get many items that others are and some of the promotional items are kinda cool. I live in Illinois and where I am at only sometimes gets promo stuff. Maybe they don't tell me because I already own an Xb, so no sale to promote. I own #1590, 2008. I have only posted once previously , but read what you guys and girls post almost daily.
I would like to be able to see items I can't get, and if I want them, buy them. However it is a good idea to monitor what goes on so no one abuses privileges. Thank You.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.