Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that went you know what I am talking about. Its a military style dogtag with the scion logo on it, but we were only given one per owner. Military dog tags are always sets of two. So I decided to have a custom one made to go with it. Well I got it and it looked good until I put it with the other one. Thats when I discovered that it was not made of a acual military dogtag blank. Its too small. So guess I will have to get it made again. Here is a bad photo to show you what I mean. Sorry it sucks but my camera doesn't do good at close up photos.

For those curious the second one says:

Scion United
#003 of 500

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just a quick fun little fact for those of you that don't know - Military dog tags do come in sets of 2 - The dog tag is hung around the neck on a chain of 365 beads. The second tag is actually your toe tag, hence the smaller chain of 52 beads. The reason for the number of beads is of course number of days in a year / number of weeks. If you are captured you can count days by removing a bead.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

31B FTW HOOAH!

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Ross said:
The second tag is actually your toe tag, hence the smaller chain of 52 beads.
Jeez, talk about morbid.. I guess that's one you'd definitely want to keep around your neck.

eviljack.. does your camera have a micro setting, for closeups at about 4 inches? Probably see a picture of a flower for it on front or in one of the internal (programming) sections.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Ross said:
Just a quick fun little fact for those of you that don't know - Military dog tags do come in sets of 2 - The dog tag is hung around the neck on a chain of 365 beads. The second tag is actually your toe tag, hence the smaller chain of 52 beads. The reason for the number of beads is of course number of days in a year / number of weeks. If you are captured you can count days by removing a bead.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

31B FTW HOOAH!

great info!! I'm the wife of a man w/ 21 yrs military and I didn't know that one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.