Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
forward message from the dfw chapter of scion evolution just helping spread the word out

Vandergriff Scion along with Scion Evolution DFW bring you the first annual Scion Winter fest 1.0 car ALL SCION INDOOR car show.

When December 18th 2010

Where Vandergriff Scion warehouse

Time roll in 10-12 show starts at 1 ends at 8 awards at 9

Dj, food, and drinks will be provided

Raffle pending but we should have one proceeds will be given to the JDRF Juvenille Diabetes Research Foundation

Awards are as follows

1st - 3rd in Scion Mild ( Tc, Xb1, Xb2, Xd/Xa )

1st - 3rd in Scion Wild ( Tc, Xb1, Xb2, Xd/Xa )

Best of awards

Owners Choice
Best Tc, Best Xb1, Best Xb2, Best Xd/Xa
Best I.C.E.
Best Female Ride
Best Interior
Best Paint
Best Club Participation
Best Glow
Best Stereo Install

This is a ruff draft of the flyer i will get an address for the warehouse and as soon as i get a flyer sent to me i will post it up. Thanks and i hope to see you all out there.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Sweet! I've never been to a car show like this, so I really don't know what to expect at all, or how my xB will be judged.

And great show tips for a rookie? :)

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Okay, rookie...main thing: everything must be clean from the engine bay to the tails. I usually prop my hood open with a stock spring, so the judges can see the engine bay, but the hood is not open all the way. Since this show is indoors, you don't have to worry about wind, so all your doors should be open. I'm not sure who will be judging, but in other shows it is all about the car and how much you care about her.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Thanks! Yeah I've noticed in pictures that people rarely prop their hood open with the pole thing thats arlready in there. I need to think of something good to use...

I also read on another forum that they're expecting something like 60 Scions to be there. Can't wait to see them all!

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
That's right. Just show up and register. It is a very long show, so come prepared. They are supposed to provide food and drink, but between roll in and awards is ten hours. The show in Longview was pizza and soda. Good thing I took my own water and snacks. Looking forward to meeting you.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Thanks. Yeah we'll be there a while! I have some friends coming to hang out with me for some of it, so that'll be fun. I'm looking forward to meeting you too!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Definitley. I guess it's time to get colder... Although, it was nice today too so I waxed my car :)

That's the warehouse, by the way. Pic from yoursciontc.com.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
We had a rockin' good time at the show today. Got to meet Parker in person and made him a Sciko. It was cold, but the food was free, the drinks were free, and the cars were out of this world. I'll post some pics later.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Definitley. I guess it's time to get colder... Although, it was nice today too so I waxed my car :)

That's the warehouse, by the way. Pic from yoursciontc.com.
I'm no where near Texas, so not posted much here- while looking for ya'll having a GREAT show.

Now . . .
That trailer is driving me NUTS!
It has the old Penske 12, plus Mobil 1 logos on the sides, and a TRD logo plus a large Toyota oval. I'm trying to figure out how how those fit together to put them on a trailer . . .
Penske used Fords when Mobil 1 was on the 12, and later used Dodges in NASCAR, still does. No Toyota. I don't think the CART/Indy Car teams have used those in combo.
Anyone know and can explain it to me?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.