Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I guess you're 280% more likely to be ticketed in a Scion XB. ****, I just get the car and then I read this. I drive like a Granny for better mileage so I'm not too worried...

You guys need to slow your butts down...

Most-Ticketed Cars - Top 10 List - Vehix - Page 6

10 Most-Ticketed Cars

by Katrina Ramser-Parrish
5.) Scion xB

The urban utility Scion xB (view photos) proves to be attractive to 37-year old women in the most-ticketed vehicles study, likely due to its one-size-fits-all proportions. Referred to as "mono-spec” vehicle, every xB offers a host of standards with a base price just North of $16,000. However, a customizable mix of spoilers, fog lights and other accessories allows drivers to convert the xB into a personalized mobile unit. With the second-row seats folded flat, cargo space extends to nearly 70 cubic feet – we were able to fit two full-sized keg steel drums comfortably in the back during one test drive. The xB stays ahead of the competition by offering the best audio traveling lab in the box-shaped market. With a 270 percent above average violation rate, just don’t turn up the volume so loud you cannot hear the sirens behind you.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Ha! I got a speeding ticket in mine. First ticket in over 20 years. Now I know I can blame it on the car? :biggrin:

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
The study needs to look into the nature of the tickets. "Fix-it" tickets count the same as serious ones. Also, minor ones like tint, sound, and edge-of-legal mods when a jerky cop wants to up his ticket count.

Oh, and I DO NOT mean "all cops are jerks" . . . MOST ARE NOT! But, there is always a knob-head around who also irritates the cops-with-brains.
I can name a couple specific ones in my area . . . a couple/few out of dozens I know.

·
Registered
844 Posts
The study needs to look into the nature of the tickets. "Fix-it" tickets count the same as serious ones. Also, minor ones like tint, sound, and edge-of-legal mods when a jerky cop wants to up his ticket count.

Oh, and I DO NOT mean "all cops are jerks" . . . MOST ARE NOT! But, there is always a knob-head around who also irritates the cops-with-brains.
I can name a couple specific ones in my area . . . a couple/few out of dozens I know.
The last citation that was most notable was on an afternoon. My watch showed it was 3min.'s to 4 o'clock, I made a left turn at a sign that said "no turn left after 4 P.M.". In the parking lot of the supermarket, was a motorcycle cop (yea with mirrored sunglasses) and he pulled me over. I said that my watch showed it was before 4,he said his was after. After giving me the ticket, he said "happy birthday". Yea, it was my birthday-WHAT A JERK.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Went by a recurring speed trap today and was doing about 40mph in a 35 zone. The flag-down/pursuit cop very obviously watched me go by in the "fast" lane (I avoid the "slow" lane in that stretch due to the poor surface condition), but took no action (my foot was off the throttle well before reaching him). I prefer to imagine he enjoyed the appearance of my xB2, but glad for no ticket :)!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I remember back in 2008 yahoo had an article on the most ticketed cars and scion took the top three with the Tc in first the Xb in second the Xd in third and the Xa in fifth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.