Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys i just wanted to post this because when i was searching for info about puting these wheels on my XB i just got alot of maybes, and try it and see. even called tirerack and they said it would not work.. so here is my 2008 scion xb with toyota camry 18'' TRD wheels..

if any one else has wheels of another make, model etc please post a picture.. i would like to see some Xb's with lexus wheels, mitsu evo, whatever works.. thanks..

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
while were on the subject a friend has a set of Mitsu Evo X wheels, 18x8.5 +38 offset..any one running a similar set up? will these rub if install 225/40/18 tires. hes selling them to me for a grat price but if there are issues i dont want to waste the time and money.. thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
After entering our stock xB data (205/55-16 x 6.5 w/ 45 offset) and the Mitsu wheels with 225/40/18 rubber, the Comparer tool at
Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com says:
- Package 2 is 3 mm (0.1'') closer (than stock) to suspension/brakes components. Acceptable for most cars.
- Package 2 will stick out 17 mm (0.7'') farther (than stock). Make sure that you have enough room under the fender. If not, consider narrower tires or higher offset.
- Will fill out the wheelwell by extra 3 mm. Almost no difference
- When speedometer reads 60mph (96.6km/h) actual speed will be 60.5mph (97.4km/h): 0.8% faster.

My guess is it won't be too much different than what you are running now. I'm running 225/50-16 x 7 w/ 40 offset and the tool predicts my package sticking out +15mm over stock. I'm on NF210s and have never rubbed fenders. If you are not deeply dropped you should clear OK.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After entering our stock xB data (205/55-16 x 6.5 w/ 45 offset) and the Mitsu wheels with 225/40/18 rubber, the Comparer tool at
Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com says:
- Package 2 is 3 mm (0.1'') closer (than stock) to suspension/brakes components. Acceptable for most cars.
- Package 2 will stick out 17 mm (0.7'') farther (than stock). Make sure that you have enough room under the fender. If not, consider narrower tires or higher offset.
- Will fill out the wheelwell by extra 3 mm. Almost no difference
- When speedometer reads 60mph (96.6km/h) actual speed will be 60.5mph (97.4km/h): 0.8% faster.

My guess is it won't be too much different than what you are running now. I'm running 225/50-16 x 7 w/ 40 offset and the tool predicts my package sticking out +15mm over stock. I'm on NF210s and have never rubbed fenders. If you are not deeply dropped you should clear OK.
Wow, great info. Thanks!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
yea those evo wheels will fit no prob... I'm running a set of OEM 18" Nissan murano wheels. I'll try to post some pics up soon. I plasti dipped them teal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.