Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
scion said:
Looks ok, but you have a small market for a single seater! Keep Scion low priced and it will do very nicely.
I would buy as second car in a heartbeat :rockon:

·
Registered
172 Posts
There are a lot of front end similarities with the xB... the shape of the windows, the headlights, the general boxiness, the doorhandles even... I kind of like it... it would be one of those trendsetter vehicles, kind of like the xB... I mean, a lot of people still don't like the xB... I think that's what makes it appealing, it's a love it or hate it vehicle!

·
Registered
31 Posts
As many times as this has been discussed on ystC I still think it would be a neat endeavor for Scion. Albeit they would have to make it quite a bit more practical. I could see the tuner/slammed mini-truck enthusiasts going nutso over this thing!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like it but it kinda looks a little like the ridgeline. I think they should flair out the fenders to give it a little more style.

·
Registered
566 Posts
It's a typical Mark Stehrenberger concept...giant wheels, 20 series tires, lot's of flash and any resemblance to the real world is strictly coincidental. But he sure draws pretty car pictures.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Prolly be something between up above and this horrible photochop (sorry, I don't have mad skilz in PS).

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
MidlifeCrisis said:
Prolly be something between up above and this horrible photochop (sorry, I don't have mad skilz in PS).

Something like that actually wouldn't be that bad . . .
Kinda like the bB Opendeck.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Not bad. It's a lot more realistic than the xP concept. I might even consider trading in my '96 Nissan pickup for something like that.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Eric said:
Rumored for a 2010 release, the Scion xP (for pickup):

What do you think?
DAMMMMM IT!!!!!

if it was out now, I would buy it right now!!!
Then slap some rims on it, tint out the windows, headlightss, and tail lights, and upgrade the sound system!!! Hell yeah!!!!! I've been wanting to get a truck!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
The problem would be with structural rigidity across the bed.
The structure of the xB includes the roof for torsional rigidity. If you just chop off the roof, the back told twist itself something awful (the same as a poorly made chop-top convertible/roadster).
To make that work, you would need to add stiffener structure to the lower monocoque (the part that makes up the truck bed).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts