Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of making several xB2 products in carbon fiber. Wanted to see if there was any interest?

CF gas door applique
CF radiator cooling plate
CF battery cover
CF side mirror covers
CF rear bumper protector
CF rear hatch handle
CF grill
CF door sills
Maybe CF interior pieces like the stereo surround, shift bezel, sidewindow control surround etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i would be interested in all of the above.......except maybe the grill....lol i would need a pic of what it would look like! keep me posted!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I would be ineterested in the battery cover for sure. Or any kind of covers that go under the hood and make the engine bay look clean.

·
Registered
119 Posts
ScionScene said:
Im thinking of making several xB2 products in carbon fiber. Wanted to see if there was any interest?

CF gas door applique
CF radiator cooling plate - interested
CF battery cover - interested
CF side mirror covers
CF rear bumper protector - interested
CF rear hatch handle
CF grill
CF door sills - interested
Maybe CF interior pieces like the stereo surround, shift bezel, sidewindow control surround etc. - interested

·
Registered
12 Posts
Interested in the CF rear bumper protector... I bought the OEM one but havent decided to put it on, I havent even taken it out of the plastic packaging since I am thinking of returning it back. I couldnt really tell from the pictures they had but my first expression of it when I saw in IRL was :eek: WTF! its a STICKER!!!! Please tell me I am wrong and that its not just a sticker....

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I do believe it is a sticker (applique, as they call it). I have it. I like the look of the gold paint coming through the cut out letters. Plus if it protects the paint, all the better (and it was cheap!)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes the stock bumper applique is a big giant sticker. The JDM one I have, says Rumion it, and its chrome plastic with double stick on the underside. The ones Im making are complete CF with double sided tape.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I would need to see the grill concept before giving a definite yes. The battery cover is a yes, as well as the radiator cooling plate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
CF gas door applique - Yes but actual c/f door replacement would be nicer
CF radiator cooling plate - Yes
CF battery cover - Yes
CF side mirror covers - Ok
CF rear bumper protector - Yes
CF rear hatch handle - Yes
CF grill - I would need to see it
CF door sills - Yes
Maybe CF interior pieces like the stereo surround, shift bezel, sidewindow control surround etc. - Hell Yes

·
Registered
28 Posts
uberspeed said:
Eric said:
Will your CF one have a cut out, or will it be a solid piece of CF?
Good question. Perhaps even have different versions, some with Scion cut out, some xB, etc.
Any prototype pics?
would be nice to have a Rumion one too... a definitely like most of them except for the gas door.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts