Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that the door panels scratch pretty easy by shoes, my wifes water bottle etc. What should I use to keep them covered up? I hate the way it looks.

Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
49 Posts
omg i thought i was the only one with this problem, yes it is indeed very agitating how easily the doors can scratch ugh i dont know of any solution tho =/

·
Registered
243 Posts
i think that's what those expensive illuminated door sills are for. i remember seeing an aftermarket version that solve the problem.

·
Registered
601 Posts
It seems like it's the kind of plastic they use. Same in my wife's MINI. The dark color doesn't help either. I didn't have the problem in my previous two cars. Let us know if you figure it out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah, this is a great point to bring up. When I was shopping for the car, they showed me a used '08, but it had a huge vertical scuff above the glove box. I mean, even the dealership couldn't do anything about that?

There must be a way to prevent the scuffing. That "paint protection" dealerships sell is just laminating paper, isn't it? Could we cover up the panels in something like that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts