Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always heard that it is best to not put seat covers on a brand new car. I have been told by several different sources that they wear out the material faster. Which is why they are best to use on seats that have already been worn in.

I am wondering what everyone else thinks, and if there is any merit to this.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That is the first I have heard of this. I know that in the middle east and over in Japan a ton of folks cover their seats before they leave the show rooms to keep the interior looking new. When they sell their cars they take off the covers and the cars I looked at looked new and undamaged.

God bless
John

G

·
The neoprene seat covers I’m ordering from my dealer have a little break away spot for the side curtain airbags that and there water resistant which fits my outdoorsy/surfer life style.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Yeah there are companys out there that make seat covers with pop away section incase the airbag blows.

Kingcovers I believe is one of them. Plus they make custom car covers and dash covers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought a Jeep Wrangler in 2001 and immediately put neoprene seat covers on them. The "original" material was only sat on for the time of shipping the covers, about 3 days. I take the covers off occasionally and wash them. The factory material looks and feels just like it did the day I took possession. So I wouldn't worry about that.

As for the airbags, I had a Roadwire leather interior installed in my xB. It has tabs on the side of each front seat that say "Side Airbag" so I think (hope!) they took care of the considerations for that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
gldnchld360 said:
Will do! They cost about $400 so it may not be for a few months but it will be soon!

Who did you buy them from? I know Wet Okole has them made for the xB with side airbags. For the front seats they cost about $295. I'm not sure about the back.

http://www.wetokole.com/SCIONF.html

G

·
The dealer said they are called cal-trend (spelling?) $200 for the from and $200 for the back. 360-539-3939 if you want to call them ask for the parts dep.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.