Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone has seat covers on their xB? which ones? I need to put some covers on otherwise my girl is going to ruin them up soon. In the last car (not xB), she showered them with cooked food, face creams, juices, nail polishes and what not

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Sounds like you'd need Clazzio PVC vinyl for that stuff. Sparks and several other vendors have some simple ones in stock- call em for quick delivery. Custom ones take a couple months to show up.

I have some cheap e-bay found cloth ones, but they are far more permeable than I like- even with additional covering added. The Clazzios are worth the extra cost.

· Registered
474 Posts
Sounds like you'd need Clazzio PVC vinyl for that stuff. Sparks and several other vendors have some simple ones in stock- call em for quick delivery. Custom ones take a couple months to show up.

I have some cheap e-bay found cloth ones, but they are permeable than I like- even with additional covering added. The Clazzios are worth the extra cost.
Go Clazzio! Easy to install and look great!

Brewski

· Registered
782 Posts
I have some cheap e-bay found cloth ones, but they are far more permeable than I like- even with additional covering added. The Clazzios are worth the extra cost.
I suspect I have the same ones, and the fit and price are both very good -- clearly designed specifically for the xB2. However, like you said, they're far from being spill proof.

This was the seller and product, though without the stitched logos (was optional). Price appears to have climbed a bit since March 2008, but still not bad for what you get. I paid $80 shipped.

2008-2011 SCION XB 2 ROWS EXACT SEAT COVERS GRAPHITE | eBay

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Mine are the graphite twill (different texture than those shown) and they can be made to fit better than that too-> to be made quite smooth.

These are the same, but w/ plaid added-> since then changed to a different plaid (the red/black Wallace tartan pilled BADLY).

· Registered
782 Posts
Mine are the graphite twill (different texture than those shown) and they can be made to fit better than that too-> to be made quite smooth.

These are the same, but w/ plaid added-> since then changed to a different plaid (the red/black Wallace tartan pilled
It's appearing as a different supplier? Yes, those fronts do seem a tighter fit, at least in the seat panel area. For those who might think they're just wrinkles, the rear of my fronts have a pocket for maps, papers, or whatever! My rears appear tight, but frankly, I've yet to have anyone back there, I keep the seat backs down for cargo. The "bands" across the top of the seat backs are the scion cargo liner.

Oh, by the way -- looks lovely :)!

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
They are from the SAME supplier as the ones linked-> "Exact Seatcovers" brand. I got mine from the same seller w/ the same add/video. They have several materials. Some are "twill" and some are "velour." Mine are twill and yours look to be the "black velour" ones, hence the difference in how they look in the shots. Trevor's look "fuzzy" and mine are not, but more of a "diamond" looking pattern (looks similar to factory fabric).
To make them tighter, push the part at the gap between the seat back and bottom into the slot, as you pull the under straps tighter. It make a HUGE difference. Then redo the sides, they will lay different. Also, pull the flaps up on the area between the seats. That part velcros and if velcroed to the flaps, they pull up easily. But, if velcroed to the underside of the seat, they barely move.
I do that to mine every so often to "retighten" them after use.

I've been thinking of getting a second set (if cheap enough) and covering the top w/ red "marine grade" vinyl- that way, I'll have a plaid set and a red set that I can switch out at will. Those come off and on easily enough- esp. in the front and rear bottom. Your talking 5-10 minutes, each. The only "hard" part are the back seat backs. Those take 10 minutes to remove or 15-20 to reinstall.

Another tip:
On the mid-seat belt, be sure to tuck the seat cover hole UNDER the plastic of the stock seat, it makes the resistance from the seat cover stop completely. I tuck all the seat cover holes under the plastic seat parts, wherever they are. It looks cleaner.

I still recommend the Clazzios, though! If I could get those in ALL RED, that would be what I am saving up for as my very next buy.
(Red interiors, esp. seats are a "classic" item for silver vehicles. Look at old Porsches, Mercedes, BMWs, Brit cars, or some of the American classics (though, most American cars didn't come in silver, while a LOT of German ones and come Brit ones did). My favorite color combo I have EVER seen was a 1930s full-on custom one-off w/ gray pearl body and dash w/ red seats and accents and mid-gray carpet. It was a coachbuilt body on a 1930s Bugatti (or was it a Delahaye- its early, I forgot).

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
That's called being a parent w/ a kid-hauler. I have three-> also the reason I have covers . . .

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Oh . . .
Messy adult . . .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.