Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone figured out a way to get better planted in the stock seat? i love the support of racing seats, but apparently i can't put one in because it disables the airbags. i'm just tired of sliding around during hard cornering...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: autox question

wheres the fun in that? lol

i do wear my belt. it just may be me, but i feel like i slide around in the seat too much when going around turns.

·
Registered
286 Posts

slow down? :naughty:

·
Registered
783 Posts

Whenever i go around curves I find myself bracing with my arm on the armrest.

·
Registered
170 Posts

i have the same problem! i didn't know changing our seats would disable our air bags though. i could of sworn Ive seen someone with s2000 seats and now i guess i cant do that...

I think sways would help too but i don't have a set, so not sure.

ai17828 said:
slow down? :naughty:
cornering ain't fun slow. i like to hear the tires squeal a little :yes:

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts

A rear sway makes a HUGE difference in handling. Or get a matched set of stiffer front and rear sways.
I drive pretty aggressive and as much as I can on mountain switchbacks, but don't seem to have a problem staying in my seat. It could be how I sit it in on twisties, locking myself in for each corner and shifting subconsciously or something. Also, the seat moulds to the driver over time. The seat fabric is molded onto the foam, which takes the shape of the body contacting it. (Toyota/Scion did an neat job at having each vehicle "remember" the driver and tailor itself to him or her- the engine computer does the same thing.) So, if your xB is still fairly new, give it time to conform to you- then it should grip you better.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

TartanJack said:
A rear sway makes a HUGE difference in handling. Or get a matched set of stiffer front and rear sways.
I drive pretty aggressive and as much as I can on mountain switchbacks, but don't seem to have a problem staying in my seat. It could be how I sit it in on twisties, locking myself in for each corner and shifting subconsciously or something. Also, the seat moulds to the driver over time. The seat fabric is molded onto the foam, which takes the shape of the body contacting it. (Toyota/Scion did an neat job at having each vehicle "remember" the driver and tailor itself to him or her- the engine computer does the same thing.) So, if your xB is still fairly new, give it time to conform to you- then it should grip you better.
got mine in may 08, and now that you mention it, i do feel that the seat has molded it me. i'm saving up for the hotchkis kit, so soon i shouldnt have a problem anymore. i did find out yesterday though that you cant ratchet the front belt tight. it only locks when you tug on it hard. :(

·
Registered
477 Posts

I think the problem is with the width of the bottom seat cushion (side to side) being too narrow. The seats have wings (raised edges) to help reduce side to side movement, but most people will find that their bottoms don't rest inside these wings.

Scion is built for the people of Japan, they are more slender. Also, other parts of the world like firm seats, can't sink into a firm seat as much which reduces the holding power on turns.

Use a rubber mat under your butt and you won't slide.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

makes sense, i'm not a small guy lol. i don't slide side to side in the seat, it's just the sides of the back seat are a little squishy for me. today i slid my seat forward one notch and it helped a ton. still can't wait for the hotchkis kit though!

·
Registered
294 Posts

I love my tanabe df210s but I need bars now still have body roll. I guess i brace myself as I dont slide around alot that and I am a fat asz at 6'1" 250 lbs. :rofl: I need better tires too the stock good years suck. Oh well I did get 20,000 out of my stock set of tires.

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
Aljay said:
I love my tanabe df210s but I need bars now still have body roll. I guess i brace myself as I dont slide around alot that and I am a fat asz at 6'1" 250 lbs. :rofl: I need better tires too the stock good years suck. Oh well I did get 20,000 out of my stock set of tires.

the sway bar makes a HUGE difference dude. I recently got it installed and am very impressed with the difference.

I went with the hotchkis sway set, and it was a pain to install but works great.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Phobic said:
Aljay said:

the sway bar makes a HUGE difference dude. I recently got it installed and am very impressed with the difference.

I went with the hotchkis sway set, and it was a pain to install but works great.
Cool I will get them then.Thanks for the heads up on them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.