Scion XB Forum banner

Do you have an alarm, lojack or other security device installed on your xB?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Not yet

• Armed and dangerous

• None Of The Above

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2008 xB
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In light of the recent thread about the poor guy from California who had his xB stolen, I'm curious about how many people have some sort of security device on their xB, don't feel the need or think that security systems aren't all they're cracked up to be, hope to catch any would-be thief and beat him to within an inch of his life, or have a different perspective.

If you don't have a security system, please post your address, nearest cross street and what time you go to bed. :D

· Registered
637 Posts
A Security system was a MUST for me. I just wouldn't have been able to sleep if there wasn't an alarm in the box. Well I would have been able to sleep but my wife wouldn't have liked me sleeping in the box every night.....ROFL

Even though I am laughing, I seriously would have....LOL

· Registered
782 Posts
My old Eclipse had a factory security system, but didn't have keyless entry (I'd never experienced that funcionality :eek:!) So, my first exposure to keyless entry was my xB2, but it didn't come with a security system :eek: :eek:! Hence, my big personal debate when buying the xB was whether to include SCION Security. I decided to install it myself as a top priority (and was so wowed by the convenience of keyless entry, I later added an aftermarket setup to my Eclipse :)!)

· Registered
141 Posts
Got the car last night. It is garaged and will stay garaged until the alarm system is installed next Tuesday. Also will use a Club as, hopefully, another deterrent. I did not get the Lo-Jack as I figure if they DO get my car and get thief scumbag cotties in it, I don't want it back.

· Registered
130 Posts
FYI the xB2 comes standard with "basic" security. I asked my dealer rep about it before purchasing and this was his reply:

"There is a basic alarm sometimes referred to as "panic mode". It will cause the horn to beep and the lights to flash if someone attempts to forcibly open the door or start the car once the car has been locked using the key or remote feature.

The security feature has the panic mode in addition to several other features: starter disable, alarm memory, glass breakage and more."

Just thought I should post this in case anyone is thinking of paying for Scion Security because they were under the impression that the stock vehicle has no protection. For my purposes and situation, the basic security is enough.

· Registered
1,207 Posts
Ryeguy said:
FYI the xB2 comes standard with "basic" security. I asked my dealer rep about it before purchasing and this was his reply:

"There is a basic alarm sometimes referred to as "panic mode". It will cause the horn to beep and the lights to flash if someone attempts to forcibly open the door or start the car once the car has been locked using the key or remote feature.

The security feature has the panic mode in addition to several other features: starter disable, alarm memory, glass breakage and more."

Just thought I should post this in case anyone is thinking of paying for Scion Security because they were under the impression that the stock vehicle has no protection. For my purposes and situation, the basic security is enough.
that sounds like the Scion security system, except that it is not standard equipment, but an add on.

can anyone confirm this?

· Registered
1,707 Posts
I'm not gonna try to "forcibly open the door" but I can say that my 2 yr old tries over and over to open the door when it's locked as he wants to get in "mommas car" and it doesn't make a sound. Now when he gets ahold of my keys, hits it the panic button, takes off running and wakes the neighborhood...that's another story!

· Registered
23 Posts
I just bought a new Xb and I was told by the dealer that the car does not come with any type of alarm system. The keyless entry remote does have panic button but that is not the same as an alarm. I had to pay $450 to get the scion security system installed.

The scion security system does not work on motion, it works on sound. The dealer installed the alarm indicator light in the blank next to the gear shift. On that same plug there is a small mic that listens for sound and from what I read in the manual it is specifically tuned to listen to the sound of glass tapping and breaking. It works pretty well, I tested it out last time by just tapping the glass with my keys and the alarm went off. The alarm also sound if the door lock unlocked while the alarm is on , so if any body is trying to use a slim jim to get the lock off the car alarm will sound as soon as the lock in disengaged. Its a pretty basic setup but hey.....all I need is to know that somebody is trying to get into my car so I can go out there and kick some ***!!!!

· Registered
782 Posts
yanges said:
Ryeguy said:

that sounds like the Scion security system, except that it is not standard equipment, but an add on.

can anyone confirm this?
I agree with you. Further, the checkout procedure included in the Scion Security installation instructions supports that interpretation. The base car comes with "Keyless Entry" only, which includes the panic button on the remote.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.