Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my slightly used 2008 xb from my local Toyota dealer about a year ago. It was origanilly sold at the same dealer and had a couple of services performed there. It had 12,000 miles on it when I purchased it. The last 12 months i only put 3500 miles on it. It now has 15,500 miles. I scheduled an appointment for service next week. Besides obviously an oil change what other service should be done after only 3500 miles? I really dont what to get anything done thats not needed. Thanks for any advice.

· Registered
477 Posts
Maybe rotate the tires along with changing the oil and that's all you should need done.

Watch the service department since they like to sell people all kinds of systems flushes that you won't need. It's a big money maker for the service department.

Good Luck.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. It seems like the 15000 mile service is pretty simple. Are there any members out there that have brought thier xb in for a 15000 mile service? if so, how much did the dealer charge you? I just dont want to get ripped off. Thanks

· Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Got this right from the manual: (thanks for the link, BTW)

Dealer-Recommended Maintenance
Your dealer may recommend more frequent maintenance intervals or more
maintenance services than those listed in the scheduled maintenance log. You don’t
need to have these additional services performed to maintain your warranty coverage.
Ask your dealer to explain any recommended maintenance that is not included in the
scheduled maintenance log.

· Registered
42 Posts
Yes, they will try to get you with the back-end stuff. I am approaching 15K on my vehicle and will need to get it done in a few weeks. My 2002 Camry has over 100K on it with only oil changes. Other than a couple of batteries that is all the major stuff that's been done on it. I expect the same from the XB. Get one of those K&N air filters and you won't have to worry about that expense.

· Registered
240 Posts
Other than oil changes at every 3k or 5k, tire rotation (every other oil changes), there is really nothing you have to do except change your air filter. It also depends where you live, it is recommended to change it every 15k.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.