Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya Everyone!!

I am a newbie to the site and wanted to share with you the horror story of a dealership near us. Our vehicle was in an accident the beginning of february (got it the end of August) and the front end was demolished on the drivers side. We purchased our vehicle from Fox Toyota in Rochester Hills Michigan and were referred to Bill Fox Chevrolet body shop next door for our repairs.

After a month and a half we got a call that our vehicle was ready for pickup and on pickup my husband noted that the steering was loose and there was a loud clunk from the front of the vehicle. We never made it out of the parking lot and they sent the vehicle to Fox Toyota to be checked. Turned out that the front axle was in need of repair, an engine mount needed to be replaced and a control arm needed to be tightened down as it had not been done right at the body shop. After further questioning we found out that on the alignment at the Toyota dealership the body shop had been informed of a noise in the front of the vehicle and the body shop had declined the Toyota dealership checking it. Also the tech that had worked on our vehicle told the service manager at the Toyota dealership that he "was not familiar" with the vehicle and that made things take longer.

We received a call a few weeks ago that the repairs were finished and my husband and I drove it and the brakes seems squishy, the Toyota dealership checked it and said they were fine. A few days later they called to have us pick up the vehicle and on the way home the brakes were going to the floor. The body shop picked up the vehicle and towed it back to be checked at the Toyota dealership who stated that they bled the brakes and they were perfect. We went to pick up the vehicle for the third time and on test drive the brake went to the floor and a car in the lot was bumped. That was last wednesday and I received my first call today that our vehicle was ready for pick up.

At the body shop there was a woman who had gotten in an accident and my husband told her that he hoped she wasn't in a hurry and our vehicle had been in for almost 3 months. One of the guys in the body shop overheard him and started bad mouthing him as we were sitting in the waiting room. By this time my husband had had it and long story short there were words exchanged and we were asked to come back this afternoon to speak with the owner of Fox Chevrolet and Fox Toyota. As I had finally had it at this point, my husband stated he would go. He was greeted by the owner and some of the staff and a deputy and was told that our vehicle was fixed and that we were not welcome to frequent either dealership any more. Somehow it went from the body shop giving us our vehicle back not fixed four times and their being at fault and then turning it back around that we weren't patient enough. Now I have to take my xB to another body shop for a check as there is still some sort of noise in the front of the car.

Interesting how things work out, just thought I'd pass this along for others that might be looking for a place to buy or service their vehicles. Just some food for thought.

Otherwise, I love my xB, just have to get it ready to put my kids back in after I'm sure it's safe. :)

Snowy from Michigan

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Wow! What an ordeal!! Be sure to get on scion.com's live chat and give them a call to make sure they know about this dealership, if you haven't already. Actually, that probably should have been done while the dealership still had it. You would have probably been in the right to demand that it be sent to a different Scion dealership at some point.

I've also been reading Consumerist.com lately & they'd probably post your story... they may have even contacted the dealer on your behalf ;)

Anyhow, welcome to the site! :D

·
Registered
476 Posts
Call the insurance company that paid the dealership and tell them your car is NOT right and that they are passing the blame for their failure on to you for a lack of patients with them. I would contact the local television station and explain what happened and if there is anything that they can do to help you. File a complaint with the BBB.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The insurance company is aware of the situation as of this afternoon they are helping us with another facility and I was waiting to hear from them what type of problem is going on before I make a formal complaint. :)

Thanks so much for the comments as I feel crushed about the whole situation, nice to know people understand.

Snowy

·
Registered
62 Posts
No worse damage can be done to a dealership than bad press. Certainly can feel the pain you have gone through.Do not let them off easy. Others need to know the type of work done there. :(

A good dealer needs to be praised and a bad one disciplined by fire. :whip:
Hope is all going to be OK. And welcome to the site. :) We are with you. :yes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts