Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share my good news, I made the last payment on my BsP XB. I got her used with 32000 miles in the summer of 2010, and I sent in my final payment. The title came in the mail yesterday. Sweet!! One less payment.

Attachments

· Premium Member
709 Posts
Congrats!

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive made a mistake to refinance and have 3k to go...lol congrats!

I've been very motivated on paying things off lately. I recently re-financed my house, but to increase my payments. I went from 30yr to 15yr mortgage. Stinks my payments went up and it's a tight budget. With the xb payed it frees up a little cash.. I'm 32 and my goal is to retire at 42!!:cheers:

· Registered
284 Posts
I've been very motivated on paying things off lately. I recently re-financed my house, but to increase my payments. I went from 30yr to 15yr mortgage. Stinks my payments went up and it's a tight budget. With the xb payed it frees up a little cash.. I'm 32 and my goal is to retire at 42!!:cheers:
Not to be a debbie downer, but i hope u have enough saved up to retirment ....now adays retire dont mean smack at early age if you dont have a few mills stashed away lol or you can just buy a home in DR and live the life there.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Awesome!!!

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not to be a debbie downer, but i hope u have enough saved up to retirment ....now adays retire dont mean smack at early age if you dont have a few mills stashed away lol or you can just buy a home in DR and live the life there.
No problem, the human resource lady asked me if I was serious when I set up my 401k. My advise is to pay off debt, start a 401k and invest!!

Since it was brought up, by the time I'm 40 my 401k should be worth about $120,000 if I choose to contribute more it goes up. My company will match that at the time of retirement so it will basically double. My wife's 401k should be more since she has been at her job a while. (Like $3-400,000)
I have a savings account for my 2yr old baby that will be about $60000 when she turns 18 to pay for her college.

So just plan ahead and stay out of debt! Start a 401k guys..I have in laws that are constantly "borrowing" money from me, and it's annoying! I don't want that to be me.

· Registered
284 Posts
No problem, the human resource lady asked me if I was serious when I set up my 401k. My advise is to pay off debt, start a 401k and invest!!

Since it was brought up, by the time I'm 40 my 401k should be worth about $120,000 if I choose to contribute more it goes up. My company will match that at the time of retirement so it will basically double. My wife's 401k should be more since she has been at her job a while. (Like $3-400,000)
I have a savings account for my 2yr old baby that will be about $60000 when she turns 18 to pay for her college.

So just plan ahead and stay out of debt! Start a 401k guys..I have in laws that are constantly "borrowing" money from me, and it's annoying! I don't want that to be me.
GOOD ADVISE! and congrats!

· Registered
596 Posts

Just yesterday a coworker retired from this SNAP ON facility and she would contribute 50% of her check to 401k. when she left she had a great big smile on her face even with taxes paid she still pocket about $450k plus her retirment package plus her vacation check. She worked here for 10 years. i have been working here since i was 20 years old i am 31 now and have been contributing to my 401k also and the numbers look real good. my contribution is only 3% but it feels good to see 5 figures. cant wait till i see the 6 figures will make it all worth if for the future.

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just yesterday a coworker retired from this SNAP ON facility and she would contribute 50% of her check to 401k. when she left she had a great big smile on her face even with taxes paid she still pocket about $450k plus her retirment package plus her vacation check. She worked here for 10 years. i have been working here since i was 20 years old i am 31 now and have been contributing to my 401k also and the numbers look real good. my contribution is only 3% but it feels good to see 5 figures. cant wait till i see the 6 figures will make it all worth if for the future.
That's what I'm talking about bro!!! Man I'm from the hood, un-educated, and don't have a "career", but my future looks good, and my lil girls is living better than I ever did.

Thanks for all the congrats guys!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.