Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
You can, but it has to be the right size.
People do that on older tCs pretty regularly.

Eventually, I may do it myself. The issue on our boxes is the distance between the rearward/lower edge of the rectangle and the shifter shaft when in park. If I do make one, I'm going to have to custom one,

· Registered
50 Posts
i think that the boot from the manual xb can fit right in.. my friend has a box that is manual and it looks like it could fit.. i saw one on ebay going for 40 bucks or somemthing .it come with the boot and the outer trim just snaps right on.. and it does not look messed up. if i were to do that i would but the.. saves time and hard work.. i guessing that it can snap right on and just slip the shifter though the holes and bam you good to go. just thought that maybe this would help

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_942wt_1064

· Registered
741 Posts
Check that sellers feedback. I don't know about anyone else, but I would not buy from them. They are very poorly rated. Just my 2 cents.

· Registered
474 Posts
Vanimal said:
Anyone know if you can put a shift boot (either from the manual trans or like the one on the manual trans.) on an automatic? Please help and post pics if you got this mod already. Thanks! :)
The question would be "why?"

Brewski :rofl:

G

·
Ill be putting a shift boot on my auto if I dont sell my car ( I may be moving to hawaii). As Evil said redlinegoods.com makes nice ones, that and you can order matching ebreak ones to!

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brewski said:
Vanimal said:
Anyone know if you can put a shift boot (either from the manual trans or like the one on the manual trans.) on an automatic? Please help and post pics if you got this mod already. Thanks! :)
The question would be "why?"

Brewski :rofl:
LOOKS WAY BETTER IMO! But I wanted a auto cause I'm not planning on racing anyone :D but I like the LOOK of the manual.

Oh, thanks for the ebay link guambomb86, and everyone else for your suggestions

· Registered
613 Posts
i've wanting to do this myself. i tried an aftermarket boot from autozone, but it didnt fit right.

· Registered
83 Posts
BMFJOEYG said:
i've wanting to do this myself. i tried an aftermarket boot from autozone, but it didnt fit right.
If anyone is still interested, I just put a shift boot on my automatic.

Before

After

I have to come up with something to cover the white cap that is at the top of the boot. A different shift knob could cover it, but I kind of like the "T" handle. By the way, the plastic shift gate/channel trim panel has to be removed to install the boot.

· Registered
613 Posts
First off let me say the T handle is sick! I still wanna put a boot on my auto just haven't got around to it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.