Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang, my car just hit 70,000 miles but as far as I can tell still rides smooth for being on 18"s. so my questions are when did you, or should you replace the stock shocks n struts?? What's available besides pricey TRD? And did you feel any improvement??
I'm sure Ill probly add some TRD or eibach springs at the same time. Any help, tips advice is greatly appreciated.. Thanks.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Hey gang, my car just hit 70,000 miles but as far as I can tell still rides smooth for being on 18"s. so my questions are when did you, or should you replace the stock shocks n struts?? What's available besides pricey TRD? And did you feel any improvement??
I'm sure Ill probly add some TRD or eibach springs at the same time. Any help, tips advice is greatly appreciated.. Thanks.
Unless they are bad, I don't see any reason to change them. Inspect them for oil leaks (dripping down the outside). Push down on each corner of the vehicle. When you let go it should bounce back up and then down to normal height. If you see leaks or if it keeps bouncing like a spring it is time for new shocks/struts.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unless they are bad, I don't see any reason to change them. Inspect them for oil leaks (dripping down the outside). Push down on each corner of the vehicle. When you let go it should bounce back up and then down to normal height. If you see leaks or if it keeps bouncing like a spring it is time for new shocks/struts.
Good point, thanks for the tip.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.