Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys on working with a company in Hawaii to design and produce some parts for the new xbs.

just trying to get a feeler and to guage interest and opinions

upper eyellids are going to be made but need input on lower.. if its a good idea..

These wont be flat also..

Ok guys its almost here and ready for sale. This is just one the the product that will be comming for the Mafia Line by www.forjworks.com / www.Eight08customs.com

We thank you all for being patient and as we all know "Fine Wine Takes Time" in producing a quality product. We know that there is a bunch of you thats excited and awaiting the luanch of this product.

These eyelids are by far the best in the market as for Fitment, Quality and Style and Made in the USA in Honoulu Hawaii.

Designed for Nationaly Featured 2nd Gen XB in Siphon Magazine "Paridaise Found" by of the most well known car builders in Hawaii and 3 time HIN Best Scion Winner.

The style and design gives the XB a new agressive feel and look with over doing it.

The highest forms of technology was used to bring you the highest quality possible with use of 3D scanners to CNC milling machines to cut the molds in which is to the dime with detail.

Product is made of Polycarbon "the same material used in RC car bodies" and a vacumed formed for an exact tight fit to your head lights. Very durable and light weight. you can basicly bend it in half and it will still keep it shape and not crack like fiberglass will.

Just compare the quality and style with other brands.

We will offer Color Matching for an extra cost.

Pricing TBA at luanch of the new site some time next week. but please remember the saying you get what you pay for and quality and detail is what makes show winners.

Please sign up to be added to the email list at

www.forjworks.com

Dont wait be the first in your town to rock these!
www.forjworks.com

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Re: Guaging interest and opinions on eyelids

I don't know if it's my style, I would have to see it on another xB to be honest. I've been thinking about tinting my headlights but hesitate because I don't know if I want to sacrifice light. Your eyelids might be a compromise.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts

The issue is going to be that the stock light bulge out from the body sheet metal.
Lids serve to make the lights blend more into the body. My fear on a Gen 2 xB is that they will look more "bulgy"
Note how they stick out on the sides in this shot:

That would greatly affect the design and shaping of eyelids.
If done badly, it would look like a frog, an alligator, or some massive lizard.

·
Registered
171 Posts

Tartanjack, you made me spit pop out on my desk :rofl:., and you do make a good point.

They look nice on paper, but we'll have to see them installed.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

thanks for your input..

the lowers are torwing the whole thing off.. we are holding off doing the lowers ..

here are the pics of the nish eyelides that were never made.. there will be similar to these but have more flow into the hood lines.. not just flat..

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts

Those look much better than I would have expected!

I'd love to see a shot that shows the "off" angle of how it resolves the bulge area.

·
Registered
613 Posts

looks good, sweet ride!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts

I like the uppers. I think the lowers could have potential but don't like having the curved cutout. I realize its for light flow from the headlight but I never like ones like that. Would rather it be thinner and straight then have the cutout in it.

·
Registered
739 Posts

I like it. If they come in the car colors, I'll like them more.

·
Registered
476 Posts

Uppers only, and make the ends towards the grill curve down slightly lower than the rest of the eyelid to give it a more aggressive look.

No need to make them in any color than black since that is what I need!!! lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

ill post pics of the actual eyelid when its done.. should be done in a few weeks becuase we are running ona dead line for HIN HAwaii dec 4..

·
Registered
88 Posts

i have been waiting for someone to get on this.... if been thinking about making some but i dont even have time to finish my living room let alone design things for my car lol

·
Registered
739 Posts

I like the idea and I agree with Noise about the gap by the hood. I looked at mine today and you don't really see the gap with the stock setup. In the photo, the gap is more pronounced. I would still use them.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.