Scion XB Forum banner

Silver Shifter Plate Idea

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  zinger 
#1 ·
So ive been doing the interior lights in my B, and I had a small idea. I know the rs's have the badge on that plate above the shifter, and in the normal xb it just says scion. Ive been considering cutting out the scion lettering, and backlighting it in UV (to match the rest of my interior so far) was wondering if anyone had tried this, and if possibly by chance anyone had a hold of a spare plate in case i dont like it? Thoughts?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I've thought of doing this, a few times. You can get an idea of what it might look like by looking at pics of a Release Series. Be careful not to make the light too bright, or perhaps instead have the brightness adjustable.

My blue LED footwell lights are adjustable...most times I like the blue LEDs dim (I wired them to come on with my parking lights) but once in a while I'll turn them up all the way bright, just for grins.

#3 ·
i doubt if you will be able to get a spare RS plate. unless someone sells you theirs.

#4 ·
For a spare, I would look through eBay's auto section. You often see a photo of a wrecked car and they list parts for sale. (I noticed this when I bought my Prius intermittent wiper stalk for my xB). You could contact the seller and ask for it.

Alternately, would it be possible to cut the lettering out of a piece of vinyl and just stick it to a small piece of plexi? A little dab of clear silicone caulk would keep it in place, but make it easily removable if you didn't like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.