Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just asked the dealer if they could add a sirius tuner to the pioneer base unit for the 2010 and they said no. I would have to go with the xm and buy the best of sirius. Is this true? Can this be done by a third party instead?

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see it comes with an external Mini Magnetic Car Antenna?  That's awful, if you were get xm installed by the dealer would they have to mount and expose that huge thing on your car?  I just assumed they would reuse the existing antenna or conceal it somewhere.

· Registered
58 Posts
The siruis package is real steal at that price of 170.00. The XM radio goes for 300.00 for the parts and around 450.00 to 500.00 to have dealer install it.
As for the antenna, both options place the satellite antenna on the outside of the car. I have seen people with other cars and other satellite units place the antenna in the engine compartment under the windshield wipers trim piece. Not sure what kind of reception the get though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.