Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for reviews from anyone here who has used or talked to anyone who uses the Smartwax Products. Looking for reviews on all the different products they have. I have checked the online reviews that I can find but want to be able to hear from people on tis forum if they have used them and what they think/feel about the products. So let the reviews begin.

·
Registered
101 Posts
From what I've read they are good, but there are many out there that work just as good for less moolah.

Check out these forums for tons of info:

www.autopia.org
www.detailingforums.com

I'm a Poorboys fan myself! (Zaino if I feel like splurging)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
callmemrbill said:
I am looking for reviews from anyone here who has used or talked to anyone who uses the Smartwax Products. Looking for reviews on all the different products they have. I have checked the online reviews that I can find but want to be able to hear from people on tis forum if they have used them and what they think/feel about the products. So let the reviews begin.
hey callmemrbill

smartwax is a good product - you can use it on paint and black around doors too. see this thread:

http://newscionxb.com/cleaning_care/car_wash_wax_brands-t215.0.html

look at different Toyota dealers - you can find a big bottle of wax for ~$18.00 instead of the little ones - a lot more for your money.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are these the ones you were telling us about at the movie that night vegan?

I love the meguiars, but stumbled across something with smartwax and read a little about it on their site. But wanted to hear from those who have actually tried them. I think the think I liked the most about what I read was you could use it on everything, unlike most wax and polish products.

·
Registered
528 Posts
callmemrbill said:
Are these the ones you were telling us about at the movie that night vegan?

I love the meguiars, but stumbled across something with smartwax and read a little about it on their site. But wanted to hear from those who have actually tried them. I think the think I liked the most about what I read was you could use it on everything, unlike most wax and polish products.
That it is. I received and used the clay bar with the detailer as lube, the smartwax and the smartsealant. I'm happy with the stuff for sure. I think I may hit up some of the dealers on the site to see if I can get the larger bottles. The haze is really easy to get off.

Before the meet last weekend I washed my car and used smartwax alone. My car's still shiny and nice. A few bugs from going 98+ down Parley's, but that's my fault. :rofl:

·
Registered
162 Posts
SmartWax is the good stuff!! If this were drugs, it'd be illegal!! :yes:

but yeah it's really good. The car club i'm in is sponsored by SmartWax and everyone uses it!

It saves you money by not going to wash your car every week.

And it really protects your paint!!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I am going to start out by trying the smartdressing for the interior since I am out of my Meguiars stuff almost. See how I like that and go from there. I do like what I have seen so far on their website. It would be nice if they had some trial stuff that you could use and see how it works before you fork out the cash for it. I know they offer a satisfaction guarantee, but I guess I need to call them and ask them about there products and see if after so many times using it if I am not satisfied if they still honor that guarantee. Thanks for all the input I will have to see whats up and make some decision.

Vegan I am going to have to take a look at your car next time I see you.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah let me know about that. I want to try it but I don't want to spend allot of money to find out it is doing the same thing for me as the Meguiars. Do that would be cool to do a group buy. I have been so busy at work it has been hard to keep up on the boards.

·
Registered
141 Posts
http://www.smartwax-usa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SW-ONE

Has anyone tried this waterless smartwax? I would so love to not use the hose to clean the cars. And does anyone know where in San Diego I can actually buy this stuff? It shows on their web site that Temecula is as far south as they go.... I'm down near the border.....I'd love to try their stuff and might have to go online buying....

·
Registered
141 Posts
callmemrbill said:
Since I couldn't find anywhere in San Diego that cares the Smartwax line I ordered this AM and they have already shipped. Will let you know once I get it and try it out.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just used the ONE no water car wash and love it! I have not used it on the Box yet but on my 95 Civic. I "washed" the car in the garage. That was a first. The Box will be "washed" later today.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well, I did wash the box in the garage last night and it was easy and the car looks beautiful. No wet feet, no water tracked into the house and no water spots to rub off. One small bottle did both cars with a bit left over. Don't know if theres enough to do another vehicle or not. Cost me $12.95 for 150 ml and it would have cost me more in water if I'd washed them the conventional way plus the headache. I recommend highly.

·
Registered
141 Posts
BTW, I used their carpet cleaner on a really dirty 98 Ford Explorer and it worked wonders. It did run out though so I will buy more to clean some not quite as dirty spots in my 95 Civic. Good to have around.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts