Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, now I am throughly impressed with my girl. Drove her in heavy snow today for the 1st time. Man did she handle great. It's been snowing all day and I had to stay at work., probably a foot of snow had fallen and the plows weren't keeping up with it. Anyway, to make a long story short, I had to go approx 60 miles on county roads and the NY Thruway to get home. No slips, no slides, I just maintained a slow steady speed and used common sense and she handled great. Now I have another reason to love my Xb..I had more problems with my old Blazer.. :thumbsup:

· Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well if anyone needs a recommendation, I'm running General Tire "Altimax Arctic" and jsut for the hell of it I had them studded. They were great. as far as taking off from a stop and the deeper snow, I just turned off the traction control. no slip at all. Even this morning, the roads are still covered with packed snow, still no problem. Xb 1 winter 0. :rofl:

· Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When winter hits, the steelies go on with snow tires. All weather tires are ok but I do not like taking chances. I'm still running the OEM for summer but that will probably change late spring. I'm researching what I'm going to put on now. I use discount tire direct and tire rack, I like to have some comparison pricing when I purchase. Any way. Be safe out there in this nasty white stuff. :p

· Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mine are on the stock rims. I bought some rim paint from NAPA, and painted the hubcaps bronze, looks pretty good if I say so myself. :yes: With all the salt up here it would tear up the mags.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.