Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the SNS-200 Nav unit fit into a 09? Thinking about getting one.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on nobody knows this? I thought surely someone had already done this? The dealership's say for the 10-11's only. But surely they fit the 09 the 10's didn't change the interior did they?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
From what I recall, they changed the ipod (and stereo controls?) were changed when they went from the ipod plug to the usb.
One member tried to install an '10 radio into his 08 and had those problems.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I recall, they changed the ipod (and stereo controls?) were changed when they went from the ipod plug to the usb.
One member tried to install an '10 radio into his 08 and had those problems.
Yeah. I went ahead and ordered one from my local dealership yesterday. The parts guy wasn't much help on the subject either. We looked at the cluster parts and it doesn't appear much has changed. I am not too worried about the iPod controls (dont use them) but hopefully the steering wheel controls are unchanged. We will see. The guy says he will have the unit and the spoiler within the next 2 days. I will let them install the spoiler but I will take care of the head unit. I want to be able to have DVD's play with the car moving.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If the sns-200 use windows maybe you can do what I did in mine and go in the settings and modify settings for the dvd.

I put my system(to stop my dvd movies stop playing) to only activate when my speedo reach 265kph-168mph)

but I have the pioneer AVIC-F900bt unit tho

by the way , I'm pretty sure it will fit bolt on in your dash mine did but only need to little plastic trim to install but remember my unit isn't oem.

Dealers dont know **** ...they couldn't even give me the sheets on how to remove the dash trims..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm not sure about windows, do you hook up through USB...I don't really care about the dvd, I just want to have full controls of the iPod, navigation, and phone while driving. Had I known that this greys out the controls while driving i would have never of bought it.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On Scionlife.com there is a complete DIY for modifying the SNS-100. The SNS-200 is a completely different H/U but does use the same input plugs as any other late model Toyota/Scion. After the "purple wire/braking break wire" modifications my SNS-200 works perfectly and with no limitations while in motion (DVDs, Navi Destination, Music Scroll etc.).

The only issue that I have is that I cannot figure out why the system will not give me an option for hands-free phone. In fact there is no Telephone icon on my set-up screen at all (as shown in the manual)??? WTF? Everything is hooked up including the mic but for some reason the system doesnt think so. The Bluetooth is functioning properly because it will connect flawlessly to my phones as mp3 devices. Just not as a phone.....

Anyone have any ideas????

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I just bought a 2011 Scion tC on 6-30-2012, and it came with an SNS-200.

I've been scouring the interwebz looking for information on hacking it so I can use the Nav functions/DVD player while driving. Suffice it to say, there's not a whole lot out there.

BUT, recently I managed to come across a PDF for the install of an SNS-200, and it has (very rudimentary) wire labels!

Be warned, I have NOT yet attempted this hack on my own yet, but I likely will soon. I just wanted to post this link so that anyone who's looking for it can find it. I'll add a few adwords at the bottom of this post to aid in Google searches.

Link to PDF:
http://www.trdsparks.com/install/PT611-21111inst.pdf

To help people find this post:
Scion, xD, tC, 2011, SNS200, SNS-200, hack, Nav, GPS, speedo, navhack, DVD, parking brake, ground, wire, cut, switch. I hope that helps!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.