Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to try this plastidip sheeeet craze...

I just followed the lines of the lower grill area. I think it makes it look meaner. But it leaves a rough edge. Not like the clean lines regular paint does. I do understand its rubber and has to tear when you remove your edging tape. Still iffy about this stuff. Guess the best part is, is that its removable.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I plastidipped behind the grill on my rs6. I don't remember how clean the edges were. I do remember having to pull the tape when it was still wet to prevent lift-off and tearing.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guuess thats my intentions. Easy way to see how itll look before the more permanent step, vinyl or paint. I do have a lil matte black vinyl. But I got it for my ocd interior issue...

·
Registered
335 Posts
I had mine done between the grilles. Peeled when it was wet, an it came out fine

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I removed (or tried to really) the dip. What a pain. Crap is not so easy to get off. Dunno if going through the rougher winter and tons of salt had much effect on it or if it was that it seems I didnt put it on very thick. But will need some elbow grease to get it all completely off. Ugh.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I guuess thats my intentions. Easy way to see how itll look before the more permanent step, vinyl or paint. I do have a lil matte black vinyl. But I got it for my ocd interior issue...

You talking about putting black vinyl on the white interior window frame? I've been thinking about that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You talking about putting black vinyl on the white interior window frame? I've been thinking about that.
Yeh buddy. Ever since my rs8. I loved the blue and love my white, And obviously on my bsp it wasnt a issue. But that window edge has got to go.

Been a peeve since a passat I owned.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
So I removed (or tried to really) the dip. What a pain. Crap is not so easy to get off. Dunno if going through the rougher winter and tons of salt had much effect on it or if it was that it seems I didnt put it on very thick. But will need some elbow grease to get it all completely off. Ugh.
I've noticed that thinner applications are a bit more stubborn to remove...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.