Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious how the model year affected the resale value.
So I went to KBB.com and punched in two xBs.

'04 and '05 both with 60,000 miles, automatic base model.

This is the result I got. Only like $20 difference...
(It does feel better to drive a '09 instead of an '08 even though down the road, they probably worth the same.)

2004 xB Base w/Automatic
- Retail Value: $13,505
- Private Party Value: $11,805
- Trade-In Value: $10,150

2005 xB Base w/Automatic
- Retail Value: $13,535 ($30 difference)
- Private Party Value: $11,820 ($15 difference)
- Trade-In Value: $10,175 ($25 difference)

Before I actually did this, I'd not even consider buying an older model year car if the newer was out... but with all the dealer incentives, I think I should strongly consider this option next time I buy a car (because of pure pricing, I don't think Scion has too many incentives on buying an older model year car but I'm sure you can save some money when buying other brands).

* By the way, our resale values are really good it semms like. :lol:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
wangster said:
I was curious how the model year affected the resale value.
So I went to KBB.com and punched in two xBs.

'04 and '05 both with 60,000 miles, automatic base model.

This is the result I got. Only like $20 difference...
(It does feel better to drive a '09 instead of an '08 even though down the road, they probably worth the same.)

2004 xB Base w/Automatic
- Retail Value: $13,505
- Private Party Value: $11,805
- Trade-In Value: $10,150

2005 xB Base w/Automatic
- Retail Value: $13,535 ($30 difference)
- Private Party Value: $11,820 ($15 difference)
- Trade-In Value: $10,175 ($25 difference)

Before I actually did this, I'd not even consider buying an older model year car if the newer was out... but with all the dealer incentives, I think I should strongly consider this option next time I buy a car (because of pure pricing, I don't think Scion has too many incentives on buying an older model year car but I'm sure you can save some money when buying other brands).

* By the way, our resale values are really good it semms like. :lol:
yes, resale values are really good! one of the reasons for that is KBB adds value to the retail price for all the standard options that the xB comes with.

when i bought my 2008 xB, i was looking at possibly buying a 2006 xB but it was priced at close to $17k due to KBB pricing, and the new model was only $17,700!!

when i tried to explain this to the dealer to try and negotiate the price of the '06 down, they just said that was the KBB price and would not budge.

i am glad i went for the '08, as i am really happy with the larger engine and better ride along with everything else :yes:

·
Registered
110 Posts
i think dealers use NADA value for selling cars, and KBB for buying cars. if KBB said the 06 xb was for $17k, then NADA would've listed it even higher most likely. that '06 must've had a lot of goodies installed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.