Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was poking around in Wikipedia and came across something... I can't find anything to back this up, but here's what it says about Soundwave, the cassette recorder in the original Transformers possibly being a Scion xB in the January 2008 release of Transformers: Animated

Soundwave (Voyager, 2008)
Not much known about this animation yet, but it is suppose to be airing in January 2008, starting with its 90 minute movie, on Cartoon Network. Soundwave is going to be in it and instead of him turning into a boombox, he now turns into a Scion xB and his minion Lazerbeak now transforms into a guitar.
Does anyone know anything more about this?

Original Soundwave:

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just found the following posted on the Official Michael Bay forums:

I liked the idea of him being a Balkan that I saw a while back. Put a communications dish on top and a cannon that can rest on his right shoulder in robot mode and it'd be awesome. Hasbro's already got a new Soundwave coming for the animated series. Looks similar to a Scion xB (which I hate), but the robot mode looked ok, though unpainted. And he has a guitar that turns into Laserbeak! So they haven't forgotten his roots... though who knows if they'll care about them when approving his movie design.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Oh didn't I tell you guys?! I got that as an accessory... my xB transforms... it's called the "Premium Pioneer Soundwave Package"... I recommend everyone get it on their new xBs!! :lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
That would be sick if the xB2 was a Transformer in the sequel. I don't see it happening but here's to hoping. I've been looking for a cool Decepticon logo sticker to slap on the new box. I think I saw some metal one's online that I might put on the grill in place of the Scion logo.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's not a rumor anymore :) Here's the Transformers: Animated Soundwave toy prototype.

Looks like a cross between a Gen1 and Gen2. I like it.

Here's my xB. The Decepticon.

·
Registered
39 Posts
yanges said:
i am getting the 2 dvd set of transformers! can not wait to see it! :D
That's the one I bought. I lost count of how many times I've watched it and all the bonus features haha. I'm a geek I know.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
That is the new Soundwave transformer coming out, but not for animated. The new transformers animated is a new cartoon coming out soon. Its going to have a Teen Titans type feel to it. That soundwave is for the new Transformers: Universe toy line. Basically its Transformers Classics 2.0

Also the guitar he is holding turns into Laser Beak.

·
Registered
39 Posts
eviljack said:
That is the new Soundwave transformer coming out, but not for animated. The new transformers animated is a new cartoon coming out soon. Its going to have a Teen Titans type feel to it. That soundwave is for the new Transformers: Universe toy line. Basically its Transformers Classics 2.0

Also the guitar he is holding turns into Laser Beak.
Wrong. This is Transformers: Universe Soundwave...

http://www.seibertron.com/toys/gallery.php?id=605&size=0&start=0

Proof of Transformers: Animated Soundwave Scion xB design...

2007 San Diego Comic-Con Hasbro Transformers Panel video.
http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=261&itemid=11500 Scroll to middle of video for TF:A portion.

So my car is still Soundwave from TF: Animated :)

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Ok well not gonna argue I may have some of my info mixed up. There is a thread about it on another forum I am on.

Basically there is a new animated series coming out that has a Teen Titans feel to it. There is also a new toy line coming out that is an extentsion of the Classics line that was running before the movie. When I asked our resident transformer expert(other forumn) he said that the soundwave was not from the new cartoon, but for the new Classics 2.0 series. Although its not gonna be called Classics.

Anyways its a freakin awsome TF and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
eviljack said:
Ok well not gonna argue I may have some of my info mixed up. There is a thread about it on another forum I am on.

Basically there is a new animated series coming out that has a Teen Titans feel to it. There is also a new toy line coming out that is an extentsion of the Classics line that was running before the movie. When I asked our resident transformer expert(other forumn) he said that the soundwave was not from the new cartoon, but for the new Classics 2.0 series. Although its not gonna be called Classics.

Anyways its a freakin awsome TF and I can't wait to get my hands on it.
Your friend is just misinformed. The video is proof that Scion xB Soundwave/Lazerbeak guitar is part of the Transformers: Animated line. Here's a compiled list of all the available TF:A toy and cartoon designs for further proof.

http://toysrevil.blogspot.com/2007/08/guide-to-knowing-your-transformers.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers:_Animated

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Well I stand corrected then. It had been my understanding that both soundwave and black arachnid were not part of the animated series but for the other toy line.

Either way soundwave and prowl(motorcycle) are gonna rock as cool TF toys.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
I saw it for sale at Target in Asheville, NC this weekend.

I was going to get it, but my wife was a bit pissed at the idea.

No idea why . . .

I'll get it latter.
Oh, it IS packaged as the Animated show.

There is a massive guitar on the roof, so it isn't as recognizable on the peg as it SHOULD be.

G

·
0 Posts
yeah i think Bob had found a link awhile ago about the XB toy. Someone on here had anyone have the toy??

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts