Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may know, I cleaned up under my front seats and built boxes for subs much like brickpigs.
I am going in a different direction now that I have 2 12" subs in the trunk and will be removing the subs from under the seats. Once I do this there will be a big empty space under both.
I hate wasting space and was wondering if anyone else has ideas for what else could go down there.

Ps. My amp is already cleaned up and installed by spare tire

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
I have a couple plastic boxes that I sometimes use as the place for my kids' crap to go.
One of the standard-sized ones (with attached "flip top") is a near-perfect fit.

This reminds me . . .
I need to get one of those and store my driving lights, so there when I need them and hidden when I don't.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have a couple plastic boxes that I sometimes use as the place for my kids' crap to go.
One of the standard-sized ones (with attached "flip top") is a near-perfect fit.

This reminds me . . .
I need to get one of those and store my driving lights, so there when I need them and hidden when I don't.
This is actually a really good idea. If you're handy with carpentry, you could even make the whole kit-and-kaboodles drawers. Have them open towards the rear of the car. The more I think about this, the better idea it becomes. I think I may have to do this...

I've actually stuffed an XS Power D3100 battery under my passenger side seat. I'm still surprised it fit.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is actually a really good idea. If you're handy with carpentry, you could even make the whole kit-and-kaboodles drawers. Have them open towards the rear of the car. The more I think about this, the better idea it becomes. I think I may have to do this...

I've actually stuffed an XS Power D3100 battery under my passenger side seat. I'm still surprised it fit.
that would be handy but the drawers would be thin and would decrease your options of what to store. But still sweet idea between you and tartan.
Maybe something with my shoes...

And for the back seats, not much you can do really. It's solid underneath. I cut the plastic a bit on the backend of it to fit my amp, my n64 fits under there as well

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
I think the rear plastic part can be pulled out (after the seat is unclipped -pull up- and maybe unbolting the bar there).
Then, you can make something else for the slot.

I slide small umbrellas, a pocket-rain coat, and some other what-not small stuff under there. I need to move some of my wrench tool-sets under there, then move the bike-Yakima-rack stuff under/onto the cargo foam.
The under-rear-seat part DOES tend to collect dirt and sand at the front lip from people (kids) in the back seat . . .

·
Registered
335 Posts
What is happening with those sub boxes? And what size are they?

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Garage for now.
They are 10" and I think just over 5" deep
first time I ever built boxes, not a master yet but they turned out ok for me.
If I decide to sell them I'll post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.