Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first flat on my XB yesterday. Has anyone looked at the color of the spare tire donut?
It's a lovely sunshine yellow!!! I only wish I had taken a picture of just how good it looked on my hynotic teal XB. :yucky: It took me about 30 minutes before a new tire was on!!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Good way to get you to fix your tire!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
the very first day i got my car i had cruised it around all night long for about an hour and a half or so and all of a sudden i saw the tpms indicator light come on and about 20 min later my drivers side rear tire was completely out of air but i made it home. i went to grab out the spare and once i saw it i wouldnt put it on. put some jack stands under the car for the night and went straight to toyota the next morning to take advantage of my recently purchased tire warranty policy!! haha. i bet they didnt think i would test the extra warr i bought on the second day of owning the vehicle! lol! :rofl:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It cost me $185 at Firestone to replace the tire. Sears didn't have a tire that fit and I wasn't going to drive 100 miles home on the donut. I don't even like the tires. They will be replace with Coopers when I need them

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
x pop said:
I got my first flat on my XB yesterday. Has anyone looked at the color of the spare tire donut?
It's a lovely sunshine yellow!!! I only wish I had taken a picture of just how good it looked on my hynotic teal XB. :yucky: It took me about 30 minutes before a new tire was on!!!!
i looked at my spare when i got my xB and i do not remember it being yellow :rolleyes: gonna have to look again...

·
Registered
326 Posts
full sized tires will not fit neatly into the spare tire spot. As for the yellow donut, well a can of black or other color spray paint is pretty cheap if your worried about having to use it. I always carry a plug kit and small compressor, saved my butt a couple of times with the motorcycle. :yes:

·
Registered
348 Posts
x pop said:
I may spray the regular rims sunshine yellow to match the spare's rim. Picture that.....LOL
:lol:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hey Damasho, Get some white paint to, then they could look like a donut with frosting... :rofl:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.