Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Will the 6500CX infinity for the fronts , 1 inch tweets 6.75 speakers?
Like my Rockford Fosgate 6.75" component speakers, the surrounds on these Infinity 6.75" component speakers look pretty big:
Infinity Reference X REF-6500cfx 6-3/4" component speaker system — also fit 6-1/2" openings at Crutchfield.com
You may have to work a little harder to get the speaker to seal against the plastic ring of the inner door panel. See my experience at:
https://sites.google.com/site/brickpigs2011xb/home/17---front-speakers-upgrade
Have fun and good luck!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
great thanks for all the responses

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can anyone recommend any good 6.5 component speakers. I don't want to deal with the seals from the 6.75 inch speakers. Looking to spend 150 for a pair. Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
im using JL c2 650 comps in the front and c2 650x in the rear. got em for approx $100 a pair from caraudiogiants.com and im also using an alpine power pack to push them. they're decent, definitely an upgrade in the rear doors and the tweeters can handle more power without getting as harsh as factory...but knowing what i know now, id prolly spend a little more on some C5s. the power pack from alpine costs about $130 and significantly improved the factory speakers before i swapped. maybe something to consider depending on what ur looking for.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How much are the c5s?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Can anyone recommend any good 6.5 component speakers. I don't want to deal with the seals from the 6.75 inch speakers. Looking to spend 150 for a pair. Thanks
I'd recommend the Rockford Fosgate Punch P165-S 6 1/2" components for about $100 a pair:

Rockford Fosgate P165-S 6-1/2" PUNCH Component Car Speakers System

Or take a look at

(Sort Price: Lowest First, Page 3) 6.5" Component Speakers | Car Speakers | Car Audio at Sonic Electronix

Have fun shopping!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Agree. Looking at the reviews (30) a lot of people like them. Plus it's in lookitsandrew's price range ($150 a pair was too much for me).
i have purchased the same setup years ago when i owned a 2006 scion xb and i powered them to a 800 watt 4 ch amp and was pushing 100 rms per channel and the sound was so clear and loud. if i keep this 2 gen xb longer i will replace the fronts and rear with the same components and push them with a amp.

·
Registered
596 Posts
back in 2006 i paid 180 for the 6.5 set and 150 for the 5.25 set.

here in LA @ the audio district you can low ball them with cash in hand for around 140 for the set and with warranty

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay I want to either use or rockford fosgate p400.4 for or jl audio 300/4v2 Slash Series which is better for this set up?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm running the alpine 6.5 components up front with some alpine 6.5's in the back. You can hear these speakers, clearly, from a ways out. Jl audio stealth box in the back, for the knock, and and alpine pdx v9 5 channel amp pushing it all. Sounds pretty good... Definitely need to mat the car now though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All 4 doors are deaden just need mdf and big 3 kit ofc wiring, there so much $$$

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.