Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can i have my speedo adjusted to new rim and tires.
i tried the dealer nd they shut me down. everywhere else local to me said they dont or no longer do so. i know its only 2-3 miles difference but showing the fix will hopefully get me out of a ridiculous speeding ticket.

·
Registered
159 Posts
the 2-3 mph difference isnt really going to give you a ridiculous speeding ticket, unless you're already going 10-15 over, and at that point its kinda redundant.... just sayin. how much bigger are the rims?

·
Registered
658 Posts
When I had 37" tires on the FJ I just used my GPS as the speedo. I agree with Amped though, 2 to 3 mph shouldn't be too concerning. When I didn't have my GPS I just moved with the pace of traffic and never got pulled. If its a pressing concern still, ask in HFD or Scikotics since they're bigger forums with people who may have been able to get answers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was doing the flow of traffic which was speed but i was singled out. i bet you know how that goes. but if i show thats its a technical default im hoping theyll work with me lol. but thanks for the info

·
Registered
781 Posts
where can i have my speedo adjusted to new rim and tires.
i tried the dealer nd they shut me down. everywhere else local to me said they dont or no longer do so. i know its only 2-3 miles difference but showing the fix will hopefully get me out of a ridiculous speeding ticket.
You're responsible for your vehicle speed,there's no getting around that. If you change rims\tires, there are calculators that'll tell you how much error the change will introduce into your speedometer reading. Either be responsible or expect a ticket -- it's that simple!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.