Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a carry consealed lic. With that said certain rules apply such as you are not allowed to walk into a school or post office with your weapon.
Also your employer does not allow weapons in or on their property. In my previous car a was able to strap a gun holster under the driver seat so it was quik to get to if needed. That is not possible in the xB because of the seat's lever.
So, does anyone here have a ccl and where do you put your weapon of choice? Is it out of view of prying eyes thats looking for a smash and grab but easy to get to when you're driving? Thanks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another request. I like having the dash info showing average mpg's. That means the clock is gone. Anyone buy an aftermarket clock and attach to the dash or clip somewhere?

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
I carry a pistol especially when we're traveling...I know, "pistol-packing mama" heard it. I keep it under the seat in its case. I have the case open for easy access, but it cannot be seen from outside the car. Hubby can reach it and so can I. The "wells" under the seats are quite deep and easily accessible.

If I need to know the time, I just look at my phone which is usually either in the pocket to the left of the dash or in the center slot.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. I carry a Glock27 so the space needed is minimal. Thinking I just might make something. As for the clock goes might get a watch and loop it somewhere. The dash clocks at Autozone are too big and chezzy.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! This forum is pretty dead uh?

·
Registered
200 Posts
i saw your name and thought it was x boner. haha. pleez dont shoot me

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
I don't really think the forum is dead. It's probably because many don't own guns or are hesitant to say they do. I did think that there is a lot of room under the dash if you could mount a holster there, it wouldn't be seen from outside and it would be within easy reach.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i saw your name and thought it was x boner. haha. pleez dont shoot me
Yea, I looked at it that way too after I picked the name out. It could say x bowner.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
the 2011 gauges will fit your box and displays the time separately...you just have to give up the temp gauge. my Avic always has the time displayed as well.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
If you want it REALLY hidden (or want to hide anything else completely), pull the gauge surround off and mount it in the huge hole inside there directly in front of the driver.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I think he means the outside temperature.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Think I just might use and old watch and velcro it to the dash somewhere. New head unit is a ways off.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I keep my handgun in a Gunvault Microvault, under the passenger seat, when I need to stash it securely. I have a steel cable that secures it to the rail of the seat.

Pistol Safes - Micro Gun Safes | GunVault

One of these days, I want to replace the forward compartment of my overhead console with a holster. Its the perfect size to hold my Glock 27 while I'm driving. Easier access than going for a holster while sitting.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.