Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got my Tanabe NF210 springs installed. I notice that there is a loud "squeaking" coming from just my front driver's side spring. All of the other springs are pretty quiet.

What would cause this? Any way I can fix this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm. I'll have to see if the squeak goes away. Like you guys said, maybe they're just settling. If not, then I gotta get it fixed cuz it's gonna drive me crazy! lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After posting this back in April, I was giving it time to see if the springs we're just settling. My spring still creaks/squeaks. It's only the front driver's side that does it. All of the others are quiet. Any help?!?

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
the only time my suspension squeaked on my was on coilovers for the first month. Then I had a squeak noise coming from my engine and it was my short ram intake rubbing on my heat shield.

your best bet would just be to take the spring back off the strut and see if there is anything stuck in there or something.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Anyone still having squeaks and noises coming from ther front end? I just cant figure it out it like the noise has gotten worse. More squeaks and even some odd popping noises. My buddy who is a head tech for acura let me bring it up to his work when we did the install had a strut compressor and all we double checked everything and it was all good. The only thing i must say is that I did not swap the top nuts out on each strut he told me there was no reason to. Cause there is no way that the nut will back off. what do yall think? He rebuilt the strut like every other car hes ever done with no issues. Im about to go back to stock cause its driving me mad just seems like the front end is a tad sloppy now. i only have 32,00 on the xb and maybe 3,00 since the drop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.