Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

just installed the TRD rear sway bar on my 09 XB and I love the way it feels and handles.
My question is what are your thoughts on the TRD springs??? i know they give a mild drop
which is good the roads around here suck and i can't afford to go any lower with my driveway,
But how do they handle when coupled with the rear sway??? Thanks for any input or comments!

Semper Fi

· Premium Member
2,527 Posts
I dont know about TRD specifically, but with a sway bar and coilovers, the handling is just amazing! I would think with TRDs it would be a little softer of a ride, but stiffer than stock. If you like the sway bar, but want a softer ride, and dont wanna go too low, I would go with nf210s, they give a comfortable ride. There is also a spring chart kicking around on here somewhere with pricing and drop for different springs. Id check that out.

· Registered
741 Posts
Just go to the Tanabe web site. All the info you need about drop heights are there.

· Registered
195 Posts
I spent a lot of time on forums looking at pictures of other xB's that were lowered before I decided on what springs to have installed. I already knew I wanted the Hotchkis sway bar set so after much reading and browsing I chose the nf210s.
Stance is perfect for my daily drive since I have to navigate plenty of dips, bumps, and steep driveways. The sways improved the handling dreamatically. I'm on 16" Enkei RZ5 wheels with the stock tires. The mild drop with the nf's allow me to go with a larger wheel once the tires wear out.
Overall package is giving me a very comfortable ride. Extremely happy and wished I had done it sooner.
Pics

Many thanks to all who post up pics and offer info!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.