7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
Just got 2013 box.
Any opinion about staggered?
I want to upgrade rims and lower it.
Should i go NF210 or DF210?
For the rims should i go 17' or 18' ?
What is the most aggressive offset will fit?
Any pic will be appiciated.
Thanks guys.

· Registered
432 Posts
Staggered as in wider wheels or larger? Both cases I think would be a great look on the xB. Member Hawaiian Punch mentioned bigger wheels on the back and I think it'd look good, like 18" in back and 17" in front. More commonly, people get wider wheels in the back I guess. I got all 8" so that I could rotate them, but I found that I wasn't really happy with the fitment until I got 15mm spacers on the back to even where they met the fenders and give it a squatter look

12-15mm spacers would be a great addition to make them look even IMO, but I'm not super technical about cars. I got pics for days though, bro... My wheels are 225/40 18x8 TSW Nerdburglars with a 35 or 45 offset.

· Registered
661 Posts
Staggerd. Having the rear wider than the front. Like a 18x8 front and a 18x9 rear. Most likely a slightly different offset. You can do the staggered look by adding by adding spacers.

I personally would love to do staggered. But its not budget friendly and you cant rotate them properly.

lots of lowering threads and pix to look through. Including a sticky thread I believe.

Welcome btw!

· Registered
1,033 Posts
You can do the staggered look by adding by adding spacers...I personally would love to do staggered. But its not budget friendly and you cant rotate them properly.
As Slorocket mentioned, you can get the staggered look without the cost of dissimilar wheels/tires and still be able to rotate your tires. Simply get all 4 wheels/tires the same but using spacers on the rear as markio did.

Just want to point out that in this case, it's possible to have your cake and eat it too...

· Registered
307 Posts
Staggered as in wider wheels or larger? Both cases I think would be a great look on the xB. Member Hawaiian Punch mentioned bigger wheels on the back and I think it'd look good, like 18" in back and 17" in front. More commonly, people get wider wheels in the back I guess. I got all 8" so that I could rotate them, but I found that I wasn't really happy with the fitment until I got 15mm spacers on the back to even where they met the fenders and give it a squatter look

12-15mm spacers would be a great addition to make them look even IMO, but I'm not super technical about cars. I got pics for days though, bro... My wheels are 225/40 18x8 TSW Nerdburglars with a 35 or 45 offset.
Markio, quick question. Your rear wheels are 18x8 +45 with a 15mm spacer making them +30mm, correct? thinking this is the route ill take, but i wanna lower it with coilovers. Do you think the rears would rub if you dropped it anymore than you already have? (guess 2 questions... lol).. sorry, dont mean to jack a thread....

· Registered
432 Posts
Markio, quick question. Your rear wheels are 18x8 +45 with a 15mm spacer making them +30mm, correct? thinking this is the route ill take, but i wanna lower it with coilovers. Do you think the rears would rub if you dropped it anymore than you already have? (guess 2 questions... lol).. sorry, dont mean to jack a thread....
Yes, looking it up I think the offset is "corrected" by the spacers like you mentioned. I'm not too knowledgeable on the offsets.

I think there's more space to go lower... I'm conflicted myself, I really like the slammed look

· Registered
164 Posts
Wheel size shouldn't have an effect on MPG. Hasn't on my past cars anyway. It will affect ride quality all day though, if your tires are painted on then you'll have a much rougher ride than a stock tire with a larger sidewall. That said most people who slam a car on 18s care very little for ride quality since after you drop it your suspension setup is likely extremely tight.

If you want ride quality keep a stock tire, if you want style then drop that sucker.

· Registered
979 Posts
From a theoretical standpoint (physics) wider tires will have more rolling resistance (friction) due to more rubber touching the road. Smaller or larger rims will make your tires weigh less or more which can also slightly affect mpg. If you don't keep the outer tire diameter the same then your tires will have to spin faster or slower to keep your car moving at the proper speed and affect take-off as well.

Realistically speaking each of these individually probably don't make much difference (except maybe rolling resistance - why proper tire inflation is important), but if several of these are in play it might have a measurable effect on mpg.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.