Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Miata-World, there are parts that provide more power with little audio-visual alterations to the car.
I am interested in increasing performance, while keeping the stock look and sound.

Do you know of a better flow exhaust with the stock "chug-chug" sound?
(That "old truck/car" sound is one of my favorite elements in the car,)

How well does the stock header and cat-back exhaust flow?
What cold-air intakes are quiet, but highly effective (power and fltration)?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I suggest the TRD exhaust.

For the header you could get a strup or weapon-r. However a header doesn't make a big change without the exhaust and if you don't get the right cel-eliminator you will kick your light on every now and then. Plus when the light goes on you track control goes off. yeah I am still working to get the "proper" cel eliminator.

For the intake. There are many different kinds. I personally have the K&N intake. I love it. Its a short ram, and completley sealed from the engine bay. Its nice and quite when you drive "nicely" However when you get down on it, the thing roars to life. And thats with the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
The TRD exhaust, from what I remember of the tC one (haven't heard it on the xB yet) is a little higher pitched than I like. I went w/ a Magnaflow on my tC, which was lower, but more quiet and a good muffler shop could probably make it more so. AFAIK, any header will be loud and is why I never went further than I/E on the tC. And many intakes can be quiet at low RPMs but get loud when you get on the gas... I'm not sure how much that helps you, especially since I haven't done I/H/E on the xB & don't know when/if I will (priorities).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.